A question for the Winch boys....

Se7enUp

Hi,

my fote would go for a come-up or britapart for the second hand cheater winch,

Iv been looking on ebay for the past few months on there and for your budget you can get some good winches!! i just found a 8274 for 500, not on there but just don't rush to buy one and one shall come up at a good price, there was a warn 9000i with plasma which went for just under 400 i think a few weeks ago.

All the best.

James

look for an Husky

unfashionable but bluddy reliable/strong and you won't lose your money.

I've had 3 or 4 never paid more than £400 even for a new one.

come up are ok

Warn good

Superwinch fine

but the Husky would be my preference for your situation

I've come across one person who was unhappy with a cum up and another (NigelP) whose TMax was dreadful. Dare say some are fine, but it puts me off a little.

If no EP's come to light, talk to Jeff at Winch Solutions. They import the Champion winches which are also pretty good value. Unlike most other vendors, they are actually interested in the way they perform and are having the winches modified/made to their (rather improved) spec at the factory.

I have one of their contactors and a radio control for my winch and am impressed with both! He might well be able to do you something new and decent within budget.

Si