timing belt

rejo

Anyone ... Done a search but no joy.

Where can I find a list of the year or engine numbers that were effected by timing belt issues on disco 300tdi engines, I seam to rember that there was two kits availiable and that a yellow blob of paint meant that it had been converted. Just bought a disco from jan 97 and need to know if this engine would have this problem. Thanks.

Anyone ... Done a search but no joy.

Where can I find a list of the year or engine numbers that were effected by timing belt issues on disco 300tdi engines, I seam to rember that there was two kits availiable and that a yellow blob of paint meant that it had been converted. Just bought a disco from jan 97 and need to know if this engine would have this problem. Thanks.

If you don't know when the belt was last changed, change it!

As far as I understand, the belt problem was never one that affected all engines.

My engine (age unknown) hasn't got the blob of yellow, but HAS had a modified pulley fitted

to prevent the belt sliding off the pulley and shredding itself.

When you take the front cover off, if you find a large build up of rubber 'dust', you can be sure that your engine suffers the problem and will need some modified parts.

I haven't looked to make 100% sure but I expect it is in the LR4x4 tech archive....

If it isn't then it will be fairly soon :)

Post up or PM me the VIN number, Jan 97 would most likely need a little kit fitted but need the VIN to be sure.

I haven't looked to make 100% sure but I expect it is in the LR4x4 tech archive....

If it isn't then it will be fairly soon :)

Post up or PM me the VIN number, Jan 97 would most likely need a little kit fitted but need the VIN to be sure.

my disco is a 97 300tdi just bought the cam belt kit from paddocks n they didnt mention anything about needing a

kit

would mine of been done by landrover as it has flrsh ?

my disco is a 97 300tdi just bought the cam belt kit from paddocks n they didnt mention anything about needing a

kit

would mine of been done by landrover as it has flrsh ?

Max timing belt age is 6 years IIRC so it should have had at least 2 belts by now, so all 300Tdis should have been modified by now if they needed to be.