265/75R16 what is it in English

reads90

Ok get a bit confused with these metric sizes. Give me the old imperial i know where i am

I mean 35 , 10.50 16 is easy but 265/75 R16 i can't picture in my head.

So the question is what size is that in english and will they fit on a disco s1 (they are BFG Muds) The truck has a 2" lift

Got a feeling they are the same size as a set of BFG muds i bought of Moglite years ago., but Andy may confirm that

Ok get a bit confused with these metric sizes. Give me the old imperial i know where i am

I mean 35 , 10.50 16 is easy but 265/75 R16 i can't picture in my head.

So the question is what size is that in english and will they fit on a disco s1 (they are BFG Muds) The truck has a 2" lift

Got a feeling they are the same size as a set of BFG muds i bought of Moglite years ago., but Andy may confirm that

HI We use them to in Norway 35,10,5,ore 16 265/75/16.

And I drive my dico1 has a 2" lift on a 265/75/16

regards

Ali that is the standard Shogun size I fitted a set to my D2 for a short while but took them off as they screwed the gearing for motorway use (which is all I use it for) but if you throw in some 3.8/9 or 4.1 ration diffs it will go the same as if its on 205's.

265 mm across the tread left to right

75% of the 265mm is the tyre wall hight rim to tread. (so 198mm +16"(400mm) +198mm= overall high 796mm (32"))

r16" rim

where as 33/12,50/15

33" overall Diamita

12,50 is 12 1/2" wide left to right

15" rim

For all you rtyre comparison needs I find this little gismo most useful

http://www.miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

For pics of fitting 265/70 17s to a disco (same diametre and width as 265/75 16s @ 31.6") check this link to one I made on difflock

http://www.difflock.com/forum/viewtopic.ph...light=camel+cut

I now have a 2" lift fitted and have trimmed about 5-8mm from the inside lip of the rear wheel arches. There is still minor rubbing on the extreme edge of the drivers side rear. It only happens on a fast left hand turn on our drive where there are 2 nasty potholes. I think there may be some lateral movment on the bushes that could be cured!

In imperial sizing it would be about 32x10.50R16

I know somebody who had a set on a D1 a few years ago but had a 3 or 4 inch suspension lift I think. The important thing is to have wheels of the right offset otherwise they catch the arches on articulation.

Ali

My old BFG muds were 255/85x16 - so a 33" tyre

265/75x16's are about 31.5" tall, but obviously 10mm wider

Andy

Ok as my idiots guide was not good enough its 796mm/25 which is 31.84" so I wrote 32" all working on 1" = 25mm and yes they will fit a disco but its close and your arches will need attention.

Ok thanks all for you answer.

Andy i did rember last night the size of the tyres of got off you.

And now think about putting them on the 90 and put the 90's 235, 85 BFG A/T on the Disco. They will look better and go on the 90 , and the 90 won't be doing the distance that the Disco will be .

Thanks again

Ali that is the standard Shogun size I fitted a set to my D2 for a short while but took them off as they screwed the gearing for motorway use (which is all I use it for) but if you throw in some 3.8/9 or 4.1 ration diffs it will go the same as if its on 205's.

265 mm across the tread left to right

75% of the 265mm is the tyre wall hight rim to tread. (so 198mm +16"(400mm) +198mm= overall high 796mm (32"))

r16" rim

where as 33/12,50/15

33" overall Diamita

12,50 is 12 1/2" wide left to right

15" rim

Bl**dy hell Jules bit techy for you . :D:D