What colour is my Landy?

Guest dew110CSW

I know mines pretty much Identical to Western's so I would say if his is Arles then mine is, if it wasn't for all his recovery gear you could call them twins on looks!

Someone was asking on my V8 transplant thread about the official colour of my 90. Thought I would post a separate topic to get the experts views?

Its the original colour that it came in so can anyone name it?

IMG_2817.JPG

Stu

P.S......It wont be thing colour for much longer. Have not decided on the new colour so what does everyone think I should change it too?

i think thats a really smart, original colour to be fair.

a lick of t cut and a good polish and it looks like it would come up really well.

you just dont see them in that colour now a days and if it were mine id be looking to restore it to its original paint scheme.

Guest dew110CSW
the beginning of the Arles Blue Defender club.................. :D

Why not hehe, I know there's a few of us around here, and there seems to always be an F Reg 110 CSW in it on fleabay (and no, not the same one :rolleyes: )

Although I object to it being the "Arles Blue Defender club" as mine is NOT a Defender, it's a 110 County Station Wagon 4C Diesel :lol:

i think thats a really smart, original colour to be fair.

a lick of t cut and a good polish and it looks like it would come up really well.

you just dont see them in that colour now a days and if it were mine id be looking to restore it to its original paint scheme.

Yep, I think your right.

After all the praise for the colour and calls to keep it original I think a respray in the same Trident Green is now the way forward.

Its got some nice chunkier wheels and tyres on it now too.

Ive tried the T Cut and polish method but it just fades again really quick.

Do you think I should leave the wheel arches in original black plastic or get them painted the same colour green?

Yep, I think your right.

After all the praise for the colour and calls to keep it original I think a respray in the same Trident Green is now the way forward.

Its got some nice chunkier wheels and tyres on it now too.

Ive tried the T Cut and polish method but it just fades again really quick.

Do you think I should leave the wheel arches in original black plastic or get them painted the same colour green?

Keep them black, in fact I would keep it as original as possible and that includes keeping the original paint. Don't go overboard with the bling or trying to update it, unmolested early 90's are getting harder to find.

keep it original , when i got mine someone had painted it caladonian blue , wheel spats ,light surrounds , even the galvy capping's. i wanted to bring it back to its original light blue but a respray would have blown my budget right out of the water.

remember a respray is only going to work if you do the inside as well, which mine wasn't. i did strip the galvy capping's but it still needs spats and lamp surrounds.

on the galvy capping subject , i cleaned mine up with one of those silver pan cleaning metal sponge type things then used some wire wool , only done the door caps so far but they came out a treat. keep the capping's bare if you can , its a feature on old landys that keeps them looking like old landys.

post-2379-1174521732_thumb.jpg

Stu, thanks for starting this thread, guess we both know now. I think it is one of the best landy colours. Regards your question above, when :rolleyes: I get around to taking some pics of mine (which has painted arches), I will post them up so you can have a look. Must say (I am biased) that I prefer painted, but if you are planning loads of tree bashing, then probably left as is.

Edit: My paint was pretty faded too, but if you T-cut well, polish off, then wipe down (I think I used white spirit on a rag), then polish off again, then wax, it works really well. Bit time consuming but just do one panel at a time.