Temperature compensator

cswagon

HELLO

I've got a pair of Zenith 175CD's on my 3.5 v8 and I wondered if anybody can tell me what the yellow plastic "temperature compensators" actually do and how would you know if they are working properly or not please?

I only ask because I have a problem when running on choke which completely disappears when warm and I think I have exhausted every other likely area and it just seems to leave these mysterious little bits of plastic!

Any light shed would be gratefully received thanks.

Cheers Graham.

What is the problem that you get?

As far as I can tell, and i'd need to go and read up, but the plastic things are bi-metallic strips which let extra air through past the throttle butterfly when cold to help the engine run smoother and when warming up, then close off.

What is the problem that you get?

As far as I can tell, and i'd need to go and read up, but the plastic things are bi-metallic strips which let extra air through past the throttle butterfly when cold to help the engine run smoother and when warming up, then close off.