In a real pickle and need help.

Right further to my last post I'm really struggling with a PAS pipe. This is my own fault as I've mixed bits up.

I need a pressure return power steering pipe to connect my pump (etc9077) to a 4 bolt box.

I now have a 2 pipes and niether fit.

Does a pipe even exist that will work with this did a 4 bolt adwest box ever connect to a PAS pump with a banjo fitting?

Help as this is driving mental and I've just been quote £150 to have a pipe made.

Techniacl Details bit

Box is 4 bolt adwest with metric fittings

Pump is a ETC9077 with 5/8" Bajo fitting

Pipe one fits Bajo end but not box (part numbers NTC6731)

Pipe two is orginal and fits pump but is imperial (orginally went into a 3 bolt adwest box)

One slution maybe to use the old pipe can you get imperial to metric union adpaters?

Help!

right I think I've found the bit I need to make my pipe fit. Looks like a little adapter that allows a normal metric union fit to the banjo.

See image, where do I get this from without buying a new pump????

post-1686-1174309549_thumb.jpg

scrub that^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

sorry, i haven't had enough drugs yet :rolleyes:

early defender pipe had a banjo fitting on end so fits straight to your pump and has metric fitting box end,

or what u've pictured there is 200tdi type pump.

I also had a mare fitting PAS to my 110 (see here), I eventually fitted the Adwest 4 bolt box with a TDi ETC9077 pump. The pump to steering box hose I used was NTC5001 (banjo one end, threaded the other).

Edited: D'oh! just spotted it's your original thread (I think I'll be needing some of those drugs as well :rolleyes: )

Tiger

Best advice I can give is Yellow Pages.

Look for a hydraulic hose company/person. They should make up what you need.

I tried Pirtec up here. Frankly they didn't know what I was on about whehn I wanted a pipe making.

My ten bobs worth

mike FOAK

I can cause trouble in an empty house !!!

Just been in touch with Brookwells in Plymouth (free internet calls... don't you just love them :D) to see how hard they are to source and the bloke says he can get hold of them for around £30, might be worth giving them a bell.

HTH.

My Mazda 35SL powered Rangie has the two seperate hoses cut, slid over what looks like 15mm copper pipe, and jubilee clipped in place. Works great and no leaks.

Martin

Sorry if I sound rude, but if its on the pressure side that is a disaster waiting to happen.

If you have ever seen the effects of a high pressure hydraulic hose fracturing you would want to get a proper hose made up.... ASAP!