SHOW US YOUR DISCO

russ3120

trayback has 36" Fedimas (35x10.50 16)

daily driver has 31" (265/70 17s)

Woooo....... :o I hade thought about maybe 35's but only with 3 to 4'' lift on front (current 2'')

Any issues with rubbing/grabbing on front ?

trayback has 36" Fedimas (35x10.50 16)

daily driver has 31" (265/70 17s)

Woooo....... :o I hade thought about maybe 35's but only with 3 to 4'' lift on front (current 2'')

Have 33's on at mo and still get rubbing/grabbing at front on occations

Any issues with rubbing/grabbing on front ?

Not my truck thank god....this was a Demonstrator from the local dealer here that got stuck in the soft subka last year.

A few of the local Landy boys and Cazza in her TombRaider were on hand to yuck him out eventualy!

post-264-1176210415_thumb.jpg

post-264-1176210436_thumb.jpg

Not my truck thank god....this was a Demonstrator from the local dealer here that got stuck in the soft subka last year.

A few of the local Landy boys and Cazza in her TombRaider were on hand to yuck him out eventualy!

Arches deep in sand, oh what joy

Russ

Bought this just over a week ago, my first go at Land Rover ownership.

It's a 95 ES with an Allard intercooler, Twisted exhaust, removed EGR, de Carbon shocks and twin rear anti-rollbar, and 255/65 Scorpion STs on the Mach 5s. Love it, and the 30 mpg that it managed on the first tankful.

FrontQtranon.jpg

LHSdRranon.jpg

Plans for the future include some time spent learning to get it properly muddy, possibly leading to bigger knobblier tyres and a heavy duty front bumper.

post-1003-1176915572_thumb.jpg

This was mine a few days ago, axles and doors now gone, just about to strip the engine compartment, then get rid of the body and the chassis!

BTW I needed the cash so broke the Disco as it would not sell for decent loot, shame but needs must etc!

still got the 90 though...

• 2 weeks later...
Heres mine.......200 tdi Auto.....3" lift Gwyn Lewis challenge suspension, bespoke front bumper and 33" tyres.

love it to bits but needs to loose some weight soon.

Don't you just know what I would suggest :lol::D:lol: ......................................:i-m_so_happy:

300BHP/Ton..........You've got Twin NATO hooks up front on a 3 Door Disco!....Jeezus......what kind of stuff do you get up to???...Ram Raiding?

lol :lol::lol:

Nah there their for 3 reasons. 1 I like the look of them, 2 I think they are safer than hooks (less chance of a rope slipping off) 3 I wanted a quick device to attach a recovery line to. The aim is to get the Discovery caged so I can compete in ALRC Team Recovery events and maybe even the odd CCV.

As for two of them, well the stock bumper needed plating but is still not the strongest so I thought it better to mount two one infront of each chassis rail to place less stress on the bumper and reduce the risk of it banana'ing.

But yeah I guess ram raiding could always be an option......... :lol:

• 1 year later...

heres mine, only pics i have are on the forecourt from when we bought it. sorry

totally standard and its staying that way! Her indoors has forbidden me to buy nice bits for it. Although i have pursuaded her that the almost worn out michelins will be replaced by some nicer agressive all terrains.

it does get muddy, its managed to navigate around frickley offroad site and weardale whilst acting as a marshalls car - but i have been told i aint EVER allowed to enter an rtv in it.

wimmin can be miserable sometimes. :angry:

post-2947-1210327052_thumb.jpg

post-2947-1210327066_thumb.jpg