ROCK SLIDERS DISCO

hkkri

Hi I like to tray to make me some rock sliders and I ned some help.

and the size of the metal I do not knowe?

so far I have come is

153cm L

6.5cm H

4.5cm B

It is a 3 door disco from 1992.

sorry a but my english :D

thought about doing this my self

100mm x 50mm heavy duty box section steel (3mm wall thickness)

some 20mm steel bar bent and welded on as tree deflector

some steel tube fitted and welded into the box section.

just need to find the time.

Russ

thought about doing this my self

100mm x 50mm heavy duty box section steel (3mm wall thickness)

some 20mm steel bar bent and welded on as tree deflector

some steel tube fitted and welded into the box section.

just need to find the time.

Russ

Hi and thanks Russ :D:D Then I knowe what to do ;)

Having put 100x50 on my RRC - I reckon you'd be better off with 100x60 (it would fit better in place of the original sill)

(Edit: Ooh - sorry, maybe I assume too much? Is the Disco sill the same width as the RRC?)

Rog

Having put 100x50 on my RRC - I reckon you'd be better off with 100x60 (it would fit better in place of the original sill)

(Edit: Ooh - sorry, maybe I assume too much? Is the Disco sill the same width as the RRC?)

Rog

Hi Rog mybe you have it right but I knowe the clas/RRC and disco has the same cassis.

and I will see what I can get hold of 100/50 ore 100/60.

thanks Rog :D

The problem to overcome in making sliders for a Disco is the camberd sill line. I've looked at doing it, but making them from pre-formed steel section steel was not the best option.

I saw a guy make a set for his Discovery by mounting them behind the plastic sill.

This way he kept the astetic looks of the camberd sills....but the box section behind the sill was used as the rock slider.

He didn't have jacking points on them either which I think are a great benefit to have on a Discovery.

If you are not so worried about keeping the lines of the Discovery sills...then the above option of Russ would be the way to go.

Regards.

S

The problem to overcome in making sliders for a Disco is the camberd sill line. I've looked at doing it, but making them from pre-formed steel section steel was not the best option.

I saw a guy make a set for his Discovery by mounting them behind the plastic sill.

This way he kept the astetic looks of the camberd sills....but the box section behind the sill was used as the rock slider.

He didn't have jacking points on them either which I think are a great benefit to have on a Discovery.

If you are not so worried about keeping the lines of the Discovery sills...then the above option of Russ would be the way to go.

Regards.

S

Hi streaky

I have not the plastic sill one the dico it is strait down from door sill.

regards Hans <_<

Made a set for mine with 100x50 box.

With some time taken and a little jiggling you can get away with using stright box section with out it looking too odd.

Hi waveydave It looks good and your cars is nice.

I will take some pic. off the rocksliders and put it one here. :huh::D

• 2 weeks later...