Adjustable drop plate for XS rear step / towbar

Well the standard drop plate braces won't fit with this bar come step thing as it has it's own braces that run to the same points on the chassis. I'm a bit reluctant just to bolt a standard plate to this one minus braces what with everything having to be approved and such on vehicle manufactured after whatever date it is now.

Well the standard drop plate braces won't fit with this bar come step thing as it has it's own braces that run to the same points on the chassis. I'm a bit reluctant just to bolt a standard plate to this one minus braces what with everything having to be approved and such on vehicle manufactured after whatever date it is now.

next door uses one of these on his step bar thing http://www.witter-towbars.co.uk/accessorie...spx?PartNo=Z52A

That's just a shortened version of the full 90/110 adjutable unit. nothing in EPC to enable a ful adjustable unit to fit that type of rear step. might be better to remove that step & retro-fit the complete adjustable tow hitch unit.

That's just a shortened version of the full 90/110 adjutable unit. nothing in EPC to enable a ful adjustable unit to fit that type of rear step. might be better to remove that step & retro-fit the complete adjustable tow hitch unit.

Yes ralph it is, its primarily for the jap pickup market bolt the ladder to the vehicle and you can mix and match hitches with different sliders. Next door uses one on his 110 with Nas step and gets on ok its at normal height for large trailer then just drops it low for trailer to tip. I suppose it depends whats being towed, I wouldn't use that witter one fully adjusted and tow 35ookg with it levering on a nas step! but for light trailers it solves a problem.

It could be the answer to MOG's problem then.

Not so fast there ...it says

This product is not EC Type Approved and is not suitable for use on light passenger carrying vehicles (Class M) first registered on or after the 1st August 1998.

...which is what I was getting at with all this type approval stuff as my XS was was made well after '98.

Not so fast there ...it says

...which is what I was getting at with all this type approval stuff as my XS was was made well after '98.

Mog,

I'm sure they must do an EC type approved version as they are fittedto some Jap trucks at work, i'll ask the transport people at work on monday.

Matt

Steve, it may be easier to unbolt this one and sell it, to replace it with the identical looking NAS version that has the type II receiver hitch. This will accept an approved type II adjustable plate. A lot of hassle, but it is a solution.

If you go down this route, let me know and I'll have a look in the garage and see if I have one of the plates left over from the RR's.

Cheers

Steve