TD5 90 Axles into a 100" RRC chassis?

smo

Has anyone done this or got any advice on how to do it?

mmmmm am i missing somthing . They are they sort of the same anyway. So just a swap over

Just depends how old your rangie is. If it has the rear shocks facing the same way or one facing each way. Ths td5 axle will both face the same way.

Well i have a 90 here that i am stripping, and a new RRC chassis, and looking at them they are far from the same!!!

the front seems ok, but the rear is totally different with no apparent place for the a-frame?

Well i have a 90 here that i am stripping, and a new RRC chassis, and looking at them they are far from the same!!!

the front seems ok, but the rear is totally different with no apparent place for the a-frame?

Are you talking about the a frame ball joint , as they boh have them or are you talking about the self leveling a frame as the 90 does not have it and the rangie does.

I had a TD5 axel in the back of my 1991 defender but had a RRC one in before that . And they both fitted fine. More pain was changing it over , weight and all that

The A frame arms bolt to the underside of the large crossmember that sits on top of the chassis forward of the spring cups, about level with the trailing arm mounts

All coil sprung axles/chassis are interchangeable with the exception of pre 83 RRC chassis with the one forward/one back damper arrangement, and the P38 and Disco2 chassis/axles as the axle casings/internals are diffrent as are the radius arms/axle mounting hardware

For example my 90 has a disco rear axle, a mates RRC has TD5 front axle, another mates 90 has TD5 90 axles front and rear

Lewis :)

You will probably find you need to do something with the front axle as the axle will have the brackets to suit the later wide radius arm bushes and I guess the RRC would have had the narrow ones so you will need radius arms to match the axle.

Also the panhard rod bush will be bigger if it is a post 2002 axle so you will need to do some alteration at one end or the other - if its pre 2002 model year it will be the same I think.

Rear should be straight swap I think...