Isuzu 2.8 tuning

MickMac

Sorry about resurrecting this thread and rehashing an old subject.

I've just been offered a Mazda 3.5 TDI engine with all the conversion parts. Anybody know the pro's and cons of this engine.

i belive they have fairly massive ammounts of torque, although the one i saw installed needed two radiators and additional leccy fans to keep it from overheating. have a search on google for its weight and power...and origins.

if its cheap enough though...

i belive they have fairly massive ammounts of torque, although the one i saw installed needed two radiators and additional leccy fans to keep it from overheating. have a search on google for its weight and power...and origins.

if its cheap enough though...

Just back from having a look at it. It's in an old rangie and was installed as a new engine. been sitting for a year but starts and runs ok (and sounds pretty good for a diesel). Coupled up to an ZF but the box is knacked.

Part of the reason I thinking of making the change is to run cooler so if they like a heat it isnt good news. Not too cheap at £1000 for the whole car. Just got hold of an Isuzu 2.8 engine for £100 but heard that the the Mazda 3.5 was a bit closer to the 4.6 for power. Diesel dilemma's...