The Sodbury Thread

steve_a

Right thought I'd get this one in, or should it be on getting out? Who knows...

Who's going and whatcha after.

Not after much, the hope of emigrating is curbing my desire to fill the garden, shed and garage with really useful land rover parts,

so I shall perhaps be after:

o Half decent series doors (gonna be topless in Oz if I take the 90)

o Front/Rear radius arms perhaps, to just crank them a bit

o Some propshafts (home made double cardan prop might get made)

o Tooooolsss

Should really get an x-eng hand brake before I scoot next year, but I keep putting it off...

Well, I've got a desire for more gauges. Just bought a genuine set of oil temp and pressure gauges from eBay and need a few more so that I can buy the MudStuff dash binnacle.

Plus the sender units. That'd be useful....

Rear boot carpet that goes over the wheelarches - then I can remove the rear side seats from my 110 and make the boot a bit bigger.

Other than that, just a walk round.

'Course, if I find a set of doors with no corrosion...... Mine have just started to bubble.

Guest diesel_jim

I'll be going for a wander around... i've missed the last three, but judging by the state of my bank account, walking around will be all i'm doing! :angry:

I will be heading up there to get some Garage space from all the stuff I had stock piled for the tomcat build which I no longer need.

There is not much I need only shiny replacement bits for my D2

The only thing I really want is s compressor/supercharger for my collection of V8's but I doubt I will find one there and my knowledge of them is limited

I've got a load of stuff to get rid of however I'm looking for a few bits:

- A straight rear axle casing

- '02 dash bits in good condition

- Chrome swivels

- An 8274 / Bellview that's not stupidly priced

- Anything that catches my eye ;)

Jamie, I still owe you for those brake parts. It'll at least give you £50 to go crazy with :P

I will be heading up there to get some Garage space from all the stuff I had stock piled for the tomcat build which I no longer need.

There is not much I need only shiny replacement bits for my D2

The only thing I really want is s compressor/supercharger for my collection of V8's but I doubt I will find one there and my knowledge of them is limited

Oh Jules And don't forget to have a look for some Gen disco 1 seat covers for me :):)

Cheers

Will, my project 8274 may be for sale, wont include the wide drum or twin motor top housing as neither are finished properly and I want to keep them for the 110

I also have a standard 8074

I could be persuded to part with either for the right price

Lewis :)

Guest diesel_jim
Jamie, I still owe you for those brake parts. It'll at least give you £50 to go crazy with :P

Cheers Will... woohoo.. i can buy some burgers now!! :D

you want me to bring the stuff with me?

I saw a couple of Wade Ro34's for sale there last time. You need to be careful as its easy to by something thats effectively scrap. Also bear in mind that manifolds, drive pulleys etc can easily cost you more than the blower itself does!

Avoid the Eaton blowers at all costs.

Jon

Cheers Will... woohoo.. i can buy some burgers now!! :D

you want me to bring the stuff with me?

Yeah, that'd be great.

Better see me then. Yours for nowt.

I may be able to help on the swivels too.

Chris

Thanks Chris. If you don't want cash I'll sort you out with a burger!

Will, my project 8274 may be for sale, wont include the wide drum or twin motor top housing as neither are finished properly and I want to keep them for the 110

I also have a standard 8074

I could be persuded to part with either for the right price

Lewis :)

We'll need to have a chat then as that might be perfect.

I'm after a pair of chrome swivels (later type, bearings top and bottom) must be rust free

a couple of Kumho / Marshall powerguard tyres in 205/16 flavor (preferably in as new condition)

a pair of rear trailing arms, as I want to sleeve them, to beef them up a bit..... don't need cranked ones as got standard height suspension.

possibly a disco tank guard if cheap enough........

plus whatever else catches my eye....

I was hoping to find Astro Al - he skipped out of burger buying duties at the last Sodbury :)

As much as I'd love to buy everyone I've ever met, and some I haven't, burgers again, sadly I can't make this one either. :angry:

I'll be practicing my :moglite: other hobby :moglite: ... :unsure:

I've got a big list of bits I need too, dammit.

Next time I promise, polar bear burgers with extra grated penguin.

Al.

More military lights :lol:

Repair kits for the 8274's and another motor...not that i'm likely to find any

I'd kind of like to see if a 90 tank will fit under mine, to free more space in the back :o

All provided I can get away for the day, as I'm away in the pikey van with the tribe :unsure:

A new backplate from Si for my X-brake so I can fit the underdrive

Oh........

and some Turnips to throw at Pigster :ph34r:

I'll be there clearing junk out of the garage if all goes to plan.

As I'll be there in my Isuzu BigHorn - I should stick out like a sore thumb :lol:

Not got much on the shopping list,

an Allbright solenoid, and a dirt cheap ali fairlead for a demountable winch project should do it.

set of front seats for the defender (unless i can find a good drivers a middle only!)

set of good doors :lol:

set of hinges

a 90 300 tdi floor and tunnel mat set

pair of sliding side windows

good nsf 300 tdi wing

+ any other stuff which i dont need but for some reason think might be worth paying for :rolleyes: