Jump to content

Fuel Filler Question


Recommended Posts

On my 90 V8, when my friend removed the fule cap, he said that his 110 V8 has like a sunken filter in there, so while filling no carp gets in... Is this a standard item..? If so where do I get one and what is it called??



Link to comment
Share on other sites

Actually it's a built in funnel for filling fron jerry cans. I take mine out to fill from a pump.

Available from your dealer I have "tube" listed in my invoices LNTC2655 Check that one as I'm not sure it's correct. Around about 30 quidish.


I can cause trouble in an empty house

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Should be NTC2655, for filling from fuel cans, lift & twist to engage the pin in the standard filler tube, the inner tube will then stay in place while filling from a can, it should come with a short chain attached to anchor the filler cap to the tube to stop the cap getting dirt/grit in it. check ebay as I got mine off there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest diesel_jim

Dead handy too, got one on my Tdi 90,

has anyone changed the filler on a Td5 to the early Tdi-Td type? (so one can have this filler jobbie), as the Td5 one is


OK, you can use a jerrycan spout, but they take ages to pour, i can't see that the Tdi type would cause the Td5 fuel system any harm?? :unsure::unsure:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to ensure you get the best experience. By using our website you agree to our Cookie Policy