8274 re-build ?

Les Brock

When he gets one on his rear (ooer) that vehicle will be unstoppable(ish) even with teeny tyres and no locker.

err, depends if the water pump belt decides to come off again! then it will be stopped!

anyway you cant be nice to Ian now, trying to shirk the blame of sending him in there!

The Curvature of his gut or buttocks would have created a depression to steep to drive out of (unless tracked) and simply too big for any vehicle except a Chevy engined, portal axled, 39inch tyred Rangey tray back and as we all know there is simply no vehicle like that in the known world

that's true, but it doesn't mean people should stop looking for better solutions and products.

Agree starting to go out of favour in Aus . They are choiseing other winches now

T-Max are pretty much getting to be the winch of choice in events in Aus

(wait for it )

Agree starting to go out of favour in Aus . They are choiseing other winches now

T-Max are pretty much getting to be the winch of choice in events in Aus

(wait for it )

I like T-max - good winches especially the Outback version. They pull like a horse on steroids but are not that quick - even in real world terms. So what mods do the Antipodeans do to make them quicker?

I like T-max - good winches especially the Outback version. They pull like a horse on steroids but are not that quick - even in real world terms. So what mods do the Antipodeans do to make them quicker?

Still looking into that myself.

But you are right they pull like a train. They had a test in an Aussie Mag . It was a test of all winches and the T-Max floored the 8274 in fact the t-max broke the test bed. They went to another place to a bogger test bed and it broke that one too .

Honest unreal article.

Still looking into that myself.

But you are right they pull like a train. They had a test in an Aussie Mag . It was a test of all winches and the T-Max floored the 8274 in fact the t-max broke the test bed. They went to another place to a bogger test bed and it broke that one too .

Honest unreal article.

Heard about that through a mate in Newcastle (aus) - the 9,500 stalled at 13,400 and the 12,500 broke the second rick at almost 17K. I had a 10 for a while - managed to all but remove Tony Walsh's gearbox cross member by accident, didn't realise he was caught up on it. The 10 didn't even get hot. Dave B was looking into the T-max a while back and was somewhat impressed with the Outback 9500

One of our friends used to have a T-Max winch - which couldn't pull the skin off..... OK, it could have been down to dodgy wiring or a whole host of other reasons, but it made me rather sceptical of T-Max.

I was going to buy another 8274 for my new build - but this thread has made me wonder! An EP series winch would likely be cheaper new than an old snotter of an 8274.

Food for thought!

Si

Right ordered some bushes and I'll drill and tap them in, thanks for the replies :)

Arguments will always be there, but for me, the ease of repair, speed of strippping down, removal of the motor, and as I said before the advantages of having the same winch front and rear and it bolts in on the front instead of the bottom and this makes removal is easy.....makes it easy to pinch though :blink:

Simon, I would suggest looking at the EP9.5 or Come Up 9.5 before spending any pennies. An honest appraisal. When I can afford it (say next year!) I am going to move my EP9 to the rear (oooer) and fit a 9.5 to the front (unless of course the wife finds out first, then I will not)

One of our friends used to have a T-Max winch - which couldn't pull the skin off..... OK, it could have been down to dodgy wiring or a whole host of other reasons, but it made me rather sceptical of T-Max.

I was going to buy another 8274 for my new build - but this thread has made me wonder! An EP series winch would likely be cheaper new than an old snotter of an 8274.

Food for thought!

Si

How about an 8074 and funky motor? I got one for a touch over £100 on flee bay at the weekend.

Food for thought!

Si

mmmm don't really go on that after i had a warn m8000 which could not pull the skin off a rice pudding . Untill i put twin batteries in and a bigger alternator. I was calling a pile of carp untill then :)

mmmm don't really go on that after i had a warn m8000 which could not pull the skin off a rice pudding . Untill i put twin batteries in and a bigger alternator. I was calling a pile of carp untill then :)

and then u still changed it for a 8274 :D

Simon, I would suggest looking at the EP9.5 or Come Up 9.5 before spending any pennies. An honest appraisal. When I can afford it (say next year!) I am going to move my EP9 to the rear (oooer) and fit a 9.5 to the front (unless of course the wife finds out first, then I will not)

Come Ups are popular in an Easterly direction - in fact they tend to bin Warn solenoids in favour of come-up versions, seems to be you either get one that will die instantly under warranty or go on ad infinitum.