Purple Paint

smo

I'd like some nice purple (not minging purple) paint for my bits and bobs on my new vehicle, this includes things like radius and trailing arms, calipers and axles possibly.

Does anyone know of anything suitable as it needs to be very tough and heat proof ish!

Suggestions?

Guest WALFY

When I chose the paint for my 90 I went into Hickley Valtone (Taunton & Bridgewater) and asked to see their paint chips. They had literaly thousands. Took me absalutly ages to choose. Make sure you ask for the type of paint you want. I wanted transport paint as it's hard wearing and doesn't chip. The only downside is the paint "dies" after a couple of years but it will only cost me 20quid to repaint it.

Guest WALFY

Not sure. But they had hundreds of colours and shades there of in all types of paint. Give them a call and see what they can do.

Taunton 01823328500

Bridgewater 01278423570

HTH

Guest WALFY

Not sure where the Bridgy shop is but the Taunton 1 is behind the bus depot, nr Tesco's.

And there's a cute blonde behind the counter that does the paint. Well worth the trip ;)

Not sure where the Bridgy shop is but the Taunton 1 is behind the bus depot, nr Tesco's.

And there's a cute blonde behind the counter that does the paint. Well worth the trip ;)

Its almost worth the effort to go to Taunton over Bridgewater then :lol:

As you're in Warminster i kinda pass you every day on my way to and from Bath i guess....random usless fact for the day!

Before, i saw the downside to the painting of my chassis, in an alternative colour, and went the standard chassis black, i went into the Paint factors for some white paint for the chassis.

Did not do it in the end as the chassis was not good enough and sense prevailed as it ha dthe potential comedy element to the colour choice.

However, when i explained what i wanted, they suggested a polyurethane paint, similar to what is used on boats, there reasoning being that it was suitabley hard wearing and more forgiving than enamel, especially for the underside of an offroader.