AWDC Challenge Trophy Round 2

We were marshalling at Kirton yesterday, great day all and brilliant weather.

Here's a few photo's I managed to snap during the day.

Dave

And a minor problem when setting up the course, which involved mi' youngest son and a foot or two of water in the bottom of his white 110 :lol: :lol: :lol:

post-985-1176724775_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713351_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713358_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713367_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713377_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713407_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713421_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713457_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713478_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713492_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713583_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713593_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713603_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713612_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713619_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713627_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713636_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713645_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713688_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713698_thumb.jpg

post-985-1176713706_thumb.jpg

Especially well done to Dirty Diesel on his 2nd place and Adrian Turner on his 3rd after a 3.00am arrival after finishing the car.

no really I don't mind slogging my guts out for the man for the last 2 or 3 years of this event and getting no credit for Adrians ability to get stuck and miraculously get unstuck via a winch which attatches itself to a tree or rock :ph34r::angry: ... But your right the 3am arrival was a bit hard on us,,, especailly as the motor wasn't ready even then.. that took a few more hours, so 3 hours kip didn't help either.. :D

it was all worth it though, good time had, well done again Neil and team for a great day. shame I will not be at the next one - so Les B - enjoy the hills of Wales mate.

Another top AWDC event. Well done to Neil, Carole and all the AWDC team.

I thoroughly enjoyed the event, even though I spent most of the day with the bonnet up ( a few issues to resolve with the engine)!!!!! The punches we did were excellent with the wing protector bars already having proved their worth). Damage was minimal for what we did (rear flexi brake hose knackered and electrical terminal ripped off the fuel pump)

Looking forward to the next round where we hope to have ironed out some of the teething problems.

Well done to everyone :D ,

I'm REALLY loking forward to the next round and all that running about... :unsure: .....No I'm not actually :blink: , But I will keep up the standard of Pigster, by generally taking the pizz out of Adrian, laughing, and breaking everything :lol:

wouldn't have it any other way :D

Well done to everyone :D ,

I'm REALLY loking forward to the next round and all that running about... :unsure: .....No I'm not actually :blink: , But I will keep up the standard of Pigster, by generally taking the pizz out of Adrian, laughing, and breaking everything :lol:

Great weekend as usual, bloody hot but worth it! Well done to Pigster and Adrian for their third place, well deserved. And Trev's Hawaiian themed co-driver ensemble was a touch of class, good to see you both back in the swing of things. Plus Chris' rangie looked pretty awesome...

I promise the pics will be up by the end of the week! Stop moaning!

tar very much.

:D

Great weekend as usual, bloody hot but worth it! Well done to Pigster and Adrian for their third place, well deserved. And Trev's Hawaiian themed co-driver ensemble was a touch of class, good to see you both back in the swing of things. Plus Chris' rangie looked pretty awesome...

I promise the pics will be up by the end of the week! Stop moaning!

Gr8 Wkend, a few snaps if ya cant wait for simons.

dont get too excited I'm no pro photographer !

<a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/steveindabarn/2007%20ROUND%202%20AWDC%20KIRTON/?start=all" target="_blank">

Click here!

</a>

Thanks to everyone involved !!!!! job well done !!!!!

Steve, can I link to your photos to put on the KORC website please?

That one above was after we realised there wasnt enough space to turn around at the top of punch 2 so it was time to go down backwards, we ended up pulling the back end into line with the rear winch. We got out okay but I left the ground anchor and a strop behind :rolleyes: , bl**din useless!

Nice video of us getting up to punch 1 first time where Dave Strokes and Ed Knobley had 3 goes then got the winch out, :lol: a minor victory for us

th_100_2261.jpg

And theres the tree from punch 2 getting in the way

100_2265.jpg

Thanks Steve for some awesome pictures :)

Gr8 Wkend, a few snaps if ya cant wait for simons.

dont get too excited I'm no pro photographer !

<a href="http://s89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/steveindabarn/2007%20ROUND%202%20AWDC%20KIRTON/?start=all" target="_blank">

Click here!

</a>

Thanks to everyone involved !!!!! job well done !!!!!

Steve, top snaps, thanks for putting them up. Pity you took a video of the worlds worst bridge builders (must remember to study the rules more thoroughly in future ;) ). A few nice shots of my co-drivers best going out shirt too :lol::lol:

and this be a nice example of 'monkeying' which is what Neil doesn't want to happen in the events..

good pic though... :ph34r:

In our defence - the two lads on the side of the vehicle are from another car, and were attempting to prevent the vehicle from rolling, the vehicle was stantionary and I, the co-driver, was rigging the rear winch. There were several marshals present and none had a problem with it, or none said anything at least

We adhered to the rules strictly but I'm sure you can appreciate that I am unable to prevent someone else from mounting the side of the vehicle. Also, my understanding of the "monkeying" rules are that it is acceptable to climb onto/accross the vehicle when it is stationary - indeed I did this many times during the day to deploy waffles, stow kit, cross the car etc

Lewis :)

bluddy rules for this rules for that.

people entering are Adults and if they choose to climb on a car that may roll that should be their choice.

rules will be the end of sports in the ever growing PC world they we are living in.

people entering are Adults and if they choose to climb on a car that may roll that should be their choice.

rules will be the end of sports in the ever growing PC world they we are living in.

i disagree, not sticking to the rules will be the end of the sport

whats the point in entering a competision and then cheeting

2 punches we did on the day had been collected by someone/s driving over the rope / tape

neil should probably know who they are by now because the time is loged on your cyber key when you get the punch

i hope the punishment is severe (banned) and they also get named and shamed IMO

sticking to the Rules I agree is the correct thing to do

someone climbing on the side of a car isn't a form of cheating as far as I can gather.

BUT having rules made up for the sake of them isn't a good idea either

cheats should be banned after being named/shamed.

having assisted setting out courses and then recovering them afterwards it is amazing why people choose to cheat.

we spent 40mins getting a difficult punch(both cars) at the MWWC last year only to see others getting it later in the day when the guide tape had disappeared making it a 10min punch.

It may be their choice, but I will be the one who has to face the coroner's court and explain why a family is now father-less.

Monkeying is not allowed, it is dangerous and there are other safe methods of achieving the same results - it just appears that no-one has discovered them yet.

I do know who drove over the rope on at least two occasions, I can assure you that they are not regulars and will not be entering again.

Both the regular competitors and organisers are getting fed up of the blatant disregard for the basic rules. Whilst the only guaranteed method is a marshal on every punch, this is clearly not possible. We will be using every other means available to identify the perpetrators and deal with them to ensure a fair and good spirited event for all involved.

It may be their choice, but I will be the one who has to face the coroner's court and explain why a family is now father-less.

Monkeying is not allowed, it is dangerous and there are other safe methods of achieving the same results - it just appears that no-one has discovered them yet.

I do know who drove over the rope on at least two occasions, I can assure you that they are not regulars and will not be entering again.

Both the regular competitors and organisers are getting fed up of the blatant disregard for the basic rules. Whilst the only guaranteed method is a marshal on every punch, this is clearly not possible. We will be using every other means available to identify the perpetrators and deal with them to ensure a fair and good spirited event for all involved.

are you going to name and shame them then we know who we are up against if they enter a different comp

are you going to name and shame them then we know who we are up against if they enter a different comp

No, because the evidence could be considered largely circumstantial, I could be accused of libel and end up in court.

However, a full Excel spreadsheet of competitors movements on the day is available on request. This can be sorted by driver, punch, time etc as you see fit.

I hope that once people realise that the CyberKeys make such data available they will stop chancing their luck and think no-one is watching them.

In our defence - the two lads on the side of the vehicle are from another car, and were attempting to prevent the vehicle from rolling, the vehicle was stantionary and I, the co-driver, was rigging the rear winch. There were several marshals present and none had a problem with it, or none said anything at least

We adhered to the rules strictly but I'm sure you can appreciate that I am unable to prevent someone else from mounting the side of the vehicle. Also, my understanding of the "monkeying" rules are that it is acceptable to climb onto/accross the vehicle when it is stationary - indeed I did this many times during the day to deploy waffles, stow kit, cross the car etc

Lewis :)

Point confirmed by the marshal concerned, no infringement of regulations in this case.

Monkeying refers to hanging off a moving vehicle.

Just unfortunate that the picture isn't clear and raises the issue on a public forum.