AWDC Challenge Trophy Round 2

No, because the evidence could be considered largely circumstantial, I could be accused of libel and end up in court.

However, a full Excel spreadsheet of competitors movements on the day is available on request. This can be sorted by driver, punch, time etc as you see fit.

I hope that once people realise that the CyberKeys make such data available they will stop chancing their luck and think no-one is watching them.

Neil,

Could you please pm me a spread sheet as i would be interested to see how it works

Neil,

Could you please pm me a spread sheet as i would be interested to see how it works

Same here please Neil.

Well after our frantic saturday....will we/wont we be going :unsure: ( a big thank's to the Gigglepin lad's and Pigster for getting all the gear ready) ..... and no sleep :rolleyes: we had a slow start to the day's event, last to set of, and a slow first punch! no change there then! but once we had got past lunch time and the car was still in one peice we picked up the pace! still :o very shocked that we came away with 3rd place :lol: I'm happy with the way the engine performed and i'll be back to taking it easy at the next round ;)

Well done to Dave and Edd on another win.

Thank's to Neil and all the team for a great weekend :i-m_so_happy: ................and i still don't like rock's! ;):)

Oh god! round 3 haven't managed to last all day at this site yet........ still there's alway's a first! sorry Les! :hysterical:

I here Tangoman will be turning up.......... just to see Les suffer! ;):lol:

See you all there! :)

using rope to mark out stage like punches work's well, it would be very difficult to get the same amount of quality punches by using only the natural terrain available. Before i dislocated both my shoulders i used to compete in the British enduro championships there was never really a problem with course cutting, sometimes you might get a few people going through the tape because they lost control. There will always be the issue of vehicles sliding into or through the tape by accident, aslong as its only a mistake, you get back to the right side and continue on then i don't think that's a problem but deliberate course cutting is not on.

Maybe a few undercover marshals with binoculars would be a good idea.

I don't know how many punches / marshals there are at these events but given the criteria for a marshal on foot is that they have a pair of eyes and maybe a yellow jacket surely enough volunteers / spectators could be roped in to keep an eye out?

Putting several punches near each other could mean one person can watch several teams at the same time.

I don't know how many punches / marshals there are at these events but given the criteria for a marshal on foot is that they have a pair of eyes and maybe a yellow jacket surely enough volunteers / spectators could be roped in to keep an eye out?

Putting several punches near each other could mean one person can watch several teams at the same time.

40 punches and two special stages at each event, now imagine that spread over a large site, say Walters Arena. You can't always put punches near each other if the terrain doesn't allow. We are lucky at the northern rounds of the series cos we have the Northern County Green Laners come and help, but we have struggled in the past.

Steve, your pictures are great! I didn't get as many as I hoped cos I was running around fixing bunting and stakes a lot of the time..... :ph34r:

I agree that tape/rope can get damage by accident but on sunday a team or teams took the pi**

we got punches 35/36 then 1/2 then came back and got 37 then went around the lake to 38 which we thought nobody had done so we walked it and someone had driven in the punched and drove out over/under the rope we drove in and out the correct way then did 39 and continued around the lake

later we attempted punch 5 and broke the steering so retired for the day at 1ish but when the marshals came over to have a look you could clearly see that the last motor to collect the punch last had clearly drove over/under the rope in and out

this is not competing its cheeting

you know who you are and should be banned

any chance i could have a look at the tag data too, chris2abel@hotmail.com

Chris,

I don't have excel so can't open/read it myself so don't know who did what and when but they know who they are

but will email it to you

Unfortunately I didn't get to that many punches on Sunday so can't comment on the amount of snapped/ driven over boundaries. I have to admit to falling foul of them though. During the two woodland punches (1&2) I managed to reverse underneath the boundary between the two punches when trying to get out of the way for Ed & Dave:

post-260-1176915599_thumb.jpg

I still hadn't realised that I was underneath it whilst waiting for Chris to clear the next punch:

post-260-1176915692_thumb.jpg

After Chris had cleared the punch I started out from here to get it. When a marshall pointed out that I'd gone underneath the boundary I was a little shocked to say the least. I went back and re-punched following the boundaries laid out. (Which actually drove better the second time around.)

Well my website has decided to stop me uploading pictures.. :angry::angry::angry:

So here's a few of the best ones....

Adrian and Pig dangling :blink:IMG_5312.jpg

Chris having fun! IMG_5301.jpg

Dan going for a swim IMG_5279.jpg

John broken... :unsure:IMG_5290.jpg

Divster not going far IMG_5298.jpg

IMG_5295.jpg

The new look for co-drivers in 2007 IMG_5293.jpg

Adrian at speed (ish) :ph34r:IMG_5272.jpg

'no, you get out the car and fix it' IMG_5274.jpg

Monster jeep IMG_5287.jpg

A very stuck 90:IMG_5308.jpg

IMG_5309.jpg

The recovery :DIMG_5316.jpg

This will probably cause some 'hilarious' comments but there are some cracking pics on the Scorpion website, John and Glyn on the rocks being the highlight.

west harptree ... hmm... no thats fine by me, I don't mind that place.

I am now going to stop moaning.. I will be a happy person from now on. :D

Your right there Si! :rolleyes:

About 2 hr's John :) well i did gigglepin to allisport in 2 hr's the other day....... with a trailer! :o Don't tell Jim! ;):lol: