Greenlaning Lakes/Cumbria/Lancashire

Guest dew110CSW

Guest dew110CSW

Just a heads up here to see who's around, I should (Hopefully) be coming to the end of my L Plate experience soon and so be fully dangerous on the roads ;) And I'd like to celebrate with a spot of greenlaning to get the 110 muddy. So just wondering if there was anyone around this area (Near Kendal, J36 M6) with a knowledge of some local Lanes.

Cheers,

David.

Only got the freelander at the mo David so won't be able/capable to take you anywhere that exciting. Get yourself up to grizedale area between coniston and windermere there are a lot of tracks up there. I posted a link not so long back with good info on the state of lake district lanes - was based on gatesgarth pass, if you find it you can follow the link to find the latest news on the lane in the lakes. Will give you a shout when i get my 110 rebuilt.

Guest dew110CSW

tbh mate atm my 110s not exactly prepped, want a Snorkel and Steering Guard on it before I attempt anything too major, so I reckon a freebie would be able to keep up with anything I attempt :)

Thanks for the info though, Where abouts in Cumbria are you?

Just a heads up here to see who's around, I should (Hopefully) be coming to the end of my L Plate experience soon and so be fully dangerous on the roads ;) And I'd like to celebrate with a spot of greenlaning to get the 110 muddy. So just wondering if there was anyone around this area (Near Kendal, J36 M6) with a knowledge of some local Lanes.

Cheers,

David.

Hi im based near preston and have some good knowlage of the lakes, I have just planed a route for a day out which includes some real nice lanes and some technicale driving, i was just trying to decide when to do the route so i am well up for a day out if you fancy it

Rob

tbh mate atm my 110s not exactly prepped, want a Snorkel and Steering Guard on it before I attempt anything too major, so I reckon a freebie would be able to keep up with anything I attempt :)

Thanks for the info though, Where abouts in Cumbria are you?

I am up the West coast near to Whitehaven dew. You won't need a snorkel for most off road stuff in a 110 unless you are going to tackle some serious water. You'll be amazed at what the 110 can tackle as standard. You'll have some great fun.

Guest dew110CSW

Ok, My test is being booked asap so hopefully in the next 5/6 weeks I'll be passed so then I might see about hooking up with some of you for my 110s (and mine for that matter) mud christening :)

I'll take a note of some names and see what we can arrange. I noticed this site is a lot more based towards comp off roading than just casual green lanes but I'm sure there's some of us who still enjoy a nice gentle meander around :)

Cheers all,

David.

I noticed this site is a lot more based towards comp off roading than just casual green lanes but I'm sure there's some of us who still enjoy a nice gentle meander around :)

I wouldn't say that at all. Those who are building mad prototype comp vehicles inevitably have the most to talk about, but I'll bet there are far more members on here who go laning than who compete.

Ok, My test is being booked asap so hopefully in the next 5/6 weeks I'll be passed so then I might see about hooking up with some of you for my 110s (and mine for that matter) mud christening :)

I'll take a note of some names and see what we can arrange. I noticed this site is a lot more based towards comp off roading than just casual green lanes but I'm sure there's some of us who still enjoy a nice gentle meander around :)

Cheers all,

David.

Good luck with youre test pal,

Like i say you can never get borred meandering around that fine bit of the country, I am quite into my old green lanes and try to drive some twice a month, how about next time im up there i send you a P.M. i will kick the wife into the back an you join us eaven have a go when no one watching.

If anybody fances a day out lanning round the lakes let me know and we'll see if we cant get a few of us out for a day.

Rob