Contoured Roof Rack

keithjh

Hi All,

Who makes the full length roof rack for the Disco that follows the shape of the roof?, i know someone does but the old grey matter not working at the moment.

Regards Keith

PS anybody got one for sale? :D

Just to stir the pot abit.............why would you want to follow the lines of the roof? You'll end up with two different levels of storage.

This would be fine for small boxes etc but larger items would be a pain to secure on a stepped surface.

I have a single level roof rack which provides a large gap at the front section of the roof. At present I'm making a slid-in/slide-out table to take up the space. Tables are a pain to fit inside the carge bay area and I thought that this space is adeal fo fit such an item.

Okay...the SD ones look sexy, but I think functionality is more important than astetics.

Just a thought.....nothing to see here, move along now, move along.

quote..."Okay...the SD ones look sexy, but I think functionality is more important than astetics"

sexy is better........what would you rather have.....kylie or camilla parker bowles

Just to stir the pot abit.............why would you want to follow the lines of the roof? You'll end up with two different levels of storage.

This would be fine for small boxes etc but larger items would be a pain to secure on a stepped surface.

I have a single level roof rack which provides a large gap at the front section of the roof. At present I'm making a slid-in/slide-out table to take up the space. Tables are a pain to fit inside the carge bay area and I thought that this space is adeal fo fit such an item.

Okay...the SD ones look sexy, but I think functionality is more important than astetics.

Just a thought.....nothing to see here, move along now, move along.

I agree i have the Brownchurch one on my Disco but the wife wants a contoured one on hers as it looks better!!!! who am i to argue married 35 years, still to win a bl--dy argument about whats better.

keith

I agree i have the Brownchurch one on my Disco but the wife wants a contoured one on hers as it looks better!!!! who am i to argue married 35 years, still to win a bl--dy argument about whats better.

keith

Hi,

I was looking for a "contoured" rack for my G4 Disco 2A but gave up on the idea when I found out it will only fit if you remove the roof rails/bars and it might have fouled the sunroof(s).

Not sure of the spec of your vehicle but one more thing to consider!!!

"I'll get my coat".

Regards

Scrumps

The SD racks come in two different heights. One for sunroofs and one without. Only difference are the legs are taller in order for the base of the rack to clear the sunroofs when open. IMHO, the taller ('Highlander' rack) don't look as good as the lowline rack.

Kev

• 7 months later...

Hi all,

I've searched the forum for roof racks as I'm interested in one too - came across this thread.

Not sure about Safety Devices as the racks aren't on their website anymore and I can't find them at all.

I'd also heard about Greenlane 4x4 - saw their ad in a magazine, but their website doesn't seem to work.

I'd prefer a contoured rack myself - is there one on the market today? Do they all require roof bar removal?

Cheers.