Back From Sodbury, What ya Bought???

madmatt

I had great day I always do ....................... why is it a 11AM start .....theres never enough time!

Bargin of the day 5 steering uj's £ 5 couple brand new!

Great for my H14

Saw the simex did'nt sell I left at around 4.30 ish

Other stuff pair of springs what I wanted

Steve

Surprisingly little......

A jack for my rangie

A mankey black "slightly used never raced or rallied" rear corner panel that had been lovingly carefully removed from Graham's old black rangie.......

A pair of late front halfshafts

A 30mm impact socket for £1

An X-zag (cheers Si, but where was Paul this year?? We couldn't eat all his sausages!)

And that was about it! Struggled to find decent things to buy to be honest!

Oh and helped Nige' shift his new welder - matey opened the back of the van up and 3 of us looked at it and went "fawking 'ell" - its HUGE!!!!!!!!! Went and found two of my largest mates, and we just (and I mean just) offloaded it. The thing has a lifting eye for a reason!!!!!!!!

Went to burger king on the way home avoiding the orrible burgers! The only trouble was 2 hours after getting home I had to drive the 100 mile round trip back to burger king in newbury to pick up my bluddy mobile which I'd succeeded in leaving behind (actually dead impressed that I actually got it back!)

Oh - and did anyone else get offered a plasma TV by the irish pikeys in the car park on the way out???

Jon

Guest diesel_jim
Oh - and did anyone else get offered a plasma TV by the irish pikeys in the car park on the way out???

Jon

Load of pikeys living and generally messing up the field next to Chievely services.... :angry::angry::angry::angry:

lovely day! :D

Got a pair of left hand drive headlights for a tenner... hopefully they will come in handy!

300tdi belt tensioner, nearly new £1 (no I didn't miss a zero off the end :lol: )

Huge Land Rover Gear duffle bag. According to Jen it's gonna be perfick for expedition dirty kax! £20

A drop arm steering joint that I thought was a bargain, until I found out it was a left hand drive one... D'oh!

A new back door in better condition than the current one. Just need to paint it a certain shade of off yellow now.

Looked high and low for a set of internal rear window guards but couln't find any anywhere.

Fortunately Jen had the good sense to pack a few pasties and stuff so we didn't have to sample the culinary delights of the burger vans.

And bumped into a few bods... good to see you all, even if it was a bit brief.

All in all a good day.

Dan & Jen B)

I had a specific list and managed to get nearly everything i needed outstanding for my 200tdi conversion

300tdi front pipe for £15

2 metre lengh of 2.5' flexi exhaust £10

200tdi air filter box £10

but the best bargain was a second hand set of twin kenlowe fans with fitting kit and reostat temp sensor all bolts, nuts etc for £30

I am well chuffed but it takes a long time to get round all the stalls - i was looking non stop and it took 5 hours to get round

I saw about 5 s2 gearboxes and i need one but they are just too heavy to get back to the car I also saw a v8 bieng carried away in a wheel barrow

excellent day all in all

WALFY if i knew it was you selling the r packs i would have stopped for a chat

well i had a carp time- spent half an hour walking round- then felt so ill coz of the flu that i had to have a sleep in the car for an hour or two before coming home. Apologies to Mark B for ruining his day!

Mark90- you were parked right next to my brother Tom- he was with a cornsh chap and would have had loads of junk including a pair of axles and at least one complete engine- i only found out when i was half way back to Taunton otherwise i woudl have come and said hello.

was quite disappointed in the little i saw- an awful lot of the same rusty carp and alot of it was overpriced. The chap with the 5 simexes on mach 5s wanting £1200 was taking the mickey- a set of 5 brand new will only set you back £1400 and i know what i would prefer

right i'm off to bed for the next 4-5 days to get better

Damn good day - execpt the 70mph light-guard - next time I'll go in front :o

:blink: sorry about that :unsure:

I thought it was only the dogs tha didn't like your car they barked at it for the first few miles in the morning :lol:

I think I got a bargain with my set of simex boots and rims...

we only ended up £100 down on the day

I had great day I always do ....................... why is it a 11AM start .....theres never enough time!

Thats why you go in as a seller. I did that for the first time with jules about 4 years ago. We wondered around and had bought loads and loads of cheap stuff and after an hour i said to jules that it was quite . It was at that piont jules pointed out that the doors we not open yet. :D:D

Best way to get the bargins :D

The 1 thing I really needed was a Lazy Tong Riveter. Not 1 to be found in the whole site :angry: :angry:

got one in my garage if you would like to borrow it, just have to figure out how to get it to you without using post office --- are you coming to Minehead this year I'm on the Porlock stage.

Guest WALFY
got one in my garage if you would like to borrow it, just have to figure out how to get it to you without using post office --- are you coming to Minehead this year I'm on the Porlock stage.

Many thanks for the offer. But I need it tomorrow. Got my tub all stripped down and went to Sodbury to get a tool. Bloody tool stalls. Not 1 stall had what I wanted. So will go and visit Halfrauds tomorrow to see what I can get. Unless someone local to Warminster has 1 I can borrow for a couple of days. Will reimburss with beer tokens for getting me out of the sh*t.

When is the Somerset stages. Will try to get there this year as I was in Canada last year.

48" farm jack & adapter, door mirror head, set of masonry & metal drills (complete with model van :) ), Diesel Fuel badge (yeah sad or wot?!), errm cuddly toy!

My brother bought a chequer plate rear door trim, a few sockets, some plastic wedges to use with a chain saw, a floodlight, a rotating amber beacon and assorted oddities. He didn'tt suceed in buying a set of tyres though... :(:rolleyes:

Steve

Me and a mate Si (rock_on_skeeter) made the trek down in the skoda

I picked up another Belleveiw to add to my 80/8274 collection, £50 - bargain. Also arranged to sell one of my 8274's to a mate of Mark (Orgasmic Farmer)

Got 4 of Marks waffles - f*ckin huge - as a result I had to be squeezed into the dashboard of the fabia on the way home so they would fit in the car :rolleyes:

Completed my huge list of recovery gear needed for the 110 for Kirton next weekend, all from Winch solutions/Champion, they did me a good deal and seem like nice blokes

Couldnt get a winch blanket/sail anywhere :(

Couple of thimbles for the spare marlow rope from Goodwinch for 40p - ideal

Si tried to buy an EP9 and bowrope from goodwinch but despite repeated attempts and 10minutes hanging around they didnt seem interested in selling him one :angry: , so off we went to Champion and he came away happy with a 9500EWX and pretend red plasma (time will tell on that choice)

He also bought a magnet on a stick from X-eng - so hi Chris or SiR - we almost met you

Seems the £1200 simex made an impression on folks - they were being sold by Ciff Garrod and Paul Church who my friend Andrew bought the 110 trayback from, they seem like nice blokes but having bought a car off them I wouldnt again, say no more ;)

The sad thing is some idiot will gladly pay that price

Jules - have you still got that single Simex 35-10.50 16 on a grey modular? If so how much do you want for it? I've just seen your post in the classifieds

Lewis :)

Disco floor and supports from Orgasmic for 60 quid. I bet i will now need the rear xmember i declined !

300Nm torque wrench for 55 pounds

Lower dash with speaker holes and side grab bar for 12.50

Fuel filter 2.00

Rubber backed carpet for garage floor 10.00

Rear door pins for 2.00 each, then found out i may have bought pins for series when i really wanted Defender ones. Anyone know if they are the same?

4.5L Castrol Magnatex (seal intact) for 2.00.....Seemed a bargain, but can it be real?

Saw Si and Chris on X-Eng, but they were busy selling so i did not get chance to chat. Hopefully they had a good day.

Nigel

Hi

I managed to get:

a rot free seatbox for my 110 £40,

a set of leather rangy seats (thanks paul) £100,

a comedy adjustable spanner that fits sizes 19-600?mm £16,

a very bling Abar (til i paint it) £30,

a bergen air cut off tool £10,

the look on Nige's face when he saw how big the tig welder was - PRICELESS!

Mike

Countax ---- Rear door pins for 2.00 each, then found out i may have bought pins for series when i really wanted Defender ones. Anyone know if they are the same?

Yes the rear door hinges & pins are the same parts on Series2/3 & Defender/90/110. :D

Had a great day out. My little trailer pulls like a dream! If anyone ever wants one can I recommend CLH trailers in St Clears!!

Did manage to shift a fair bit of stuff but most of it was for mates! Waffle sales were OK but a chap up the road was undercutting my non-discounted price so didn't move as many as I had hoped. Bought not alot

AFFF extinguisher £10

Locking first aid cabinet with contents (don't ask!) £5

4 defender type rear lights and mountings and 1 wiper blade for £10 from the Wipac stand

Oh a lightly used 8274 with the shortest length of plasma you've ever seen. Think I need to buy an extension :D .

Met lots of forumers and probably walked past loads more not knowing who you were. Sorry.

Maybe next time we should all arrange to meet at one stand for a lunchtime cup of tea or something like that.

Lewis. If you think you had fun getting the waffles home, I sold a pair to a Belgian chap who had to leave early to catch his Eurostar train back to the continent :o :o :lol:

I ony went to drop some stuff off for Fridge and I ended up buying all kinds of carp precious things and bumping into a healthy number of forummers :).

sale of the century seems to the be the Electrolux travel power unit - new £2k, sodbury price £15 yay :)

bison burgers with stilton mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I went along, mostly for a walk round with little-'un, but also with an eye out for any VDO gauges wot tell me volts and turbo boost. Couldn't find any. Hardly surprising really.

DID buy a few Land Rover t-shirts and a hat. Sad.

I got a new jerry can which saved me almost £10 on the cost from John Craddock.

Little-un added to his Land Rover collection of toys - he's 4 and a half. But he amazed me by correctly identifying a Freebie rear light lens in a pile of other LR bits on one stand. What a star!!

I did consider buying a new high-flow intercooler for £200. The seller had loads but couldn't tell me anything about how good it was. For £75 more a can get one from Brunel. Easy decision to walk away really.

All-in, it was just great seeing loads of LR's and LR bits. Great weather too.

I must have seen loads of you lot, but as you all probably look knowledgeable and I looked like a prat in a LR hat, you didn't miss much.