Headlight washers

Guest MJG

2001 Discovery fitted with headlight washers which don't seem to work.

On my two previous Discoveries (1996 & 2002) the headlights had to be on and when you washed the screen the lights got a quick blast too......

Daughter's boyfirend (it's his new aquisition) was saying something about the hand book saying the headlight washers activate with three activations of the washer stalk.

Not sure about what he means by this, anyway this doesn't operate them either :P

What are we missing folks or are they stuffed.....????

Headlight washers squirting on every 3rd squirt of the windscreen washers.

They are a waste of time anyway and I took the fuse out of mine as all they did was empty the tank in a third of the time!

The washer pump for the lights is on a separate fuse so maybe the last owner got p*ssed off with them like me and took the fuse out!!

Headlight washers squirting on every 3rd squirt of the windscreen washers.

They are a waste of time anyway and I took the fuse out of mine as all they did was empty the tank in a third of the time!

The washer pump for the lights is on a separate fuse so maybe the last owner got p*ssed off with them like me and took the fuse out!!

Thanks Stephen,

So I take it the instructions in the manual are correct...........

Yes - seem to recall on mine if you wash the screen with the lights on it would woosh the lights with half a gallon of water (most of which ended up on the windscreen...) then not do it for two windscreen wash, then do it on the fourth one and so on. As I said it wasted a huge amount of screen wash and was mostly ineffective at cleaning the lights so the fuse came out of mine v quick. The fuse for it is in the fuse box under the steering wheel, I seem to recall it is clear enough from the diagram which one it is.

Yes - seem to recall on mine if you wash the screen with the lights on it would woosh the lights with half a gallon of water (most of which ended up on the windscreen...) then not do it for two windscreen wash, then do it on the fourth one and so on. As I said it wasted a huge amount of screen wash and was mostly ineffective at cleaning the lights so the fuse came out of mine v quick. The fuse for it is in the fuse box under the steering wheel, I seem to recall it is clear enough from the diagram which one it is.

Thanks Stephen I'll let him know....