Where....

BogMonster

As the title says - we've got a Td5 Defender on the company fleet that has a comprehensively f%&$ed engine and need a complete replacement. Head was damaged by a heater plug that snapped and fell into the piston (I was standing next to it at the time and the noise was spectacular) and the block is split from top to bottom in one cylinder so I think it's time for a new one...

A stripped engine from Turners etc is a possibility but quite expensive for a Td5 - I have found a "source" for a whole engine out of a conversion job, just wondered if anybody has suggestions for anywhere else to look for a take-out engine so I can compare prices.

Needs to be out of an early (pre 2002) vehicle i.e. 1999-2001 model year.

Ta :)

Stephen

Cheers - email sent to them.

I might have found one locally but it is in "uncertain condition"!

Not many Td5s around here but we have 3 exploded ones at the moment all looking for a new engine :(

Probably been asked/suggested before but how feasable is it to retro fit a 300tdi?????

Probably been asked/suggested before but how feasable is it to retro fit a 300tdi?????

It's not impossible but the chassis mounts are different, electrics would require some reworking but mainly the gearbox and bellhousing is different so would need changing. Also I don't have a 300Tdi lying round either as they tend to be snapped up by all the chaps with older vehicles who want to upgrade :)

Thanks, not trying to be funny but as it's not my money I would rather not get a private sale or Ebay.

Buying stuff off Ebay to come here is nigh on impossible anyway as they won't let you register an account if you live here.

One of our lads here just bought a brand new crate motor complete with Turbo etc for 1700 pounds from Grumpy on the ORRP Forum.

Grumps works for Oakland 4x4 in the UK....we couldn't beat his price anywhere. The engine is now here in Dubai fitted into Andies 110 TombRaider.

CIF Freight was done from this end so I couldn't tell you what it cost in total.

One of our lads here just bought a brand new crate motor complete with Turbo etc for 1700 pounds from Grumpy on the ORRP Forum.

Grumps works for Oakland 4x4 in the UK....we couldn't beat his price anywhere. The engine is now here in Dubai fitted into Andies 110 TombRaider.

CIF Freight was done from this end so I couldn't tell you what it cost in total.

Thanks, if the one at this end doesn't come off I will get in touch with them, sounds like a good price better than the one I had been looking at anyway!