ZF auto oil change

SOA 93

From what I've read it seems when you do a filter and oil change on a ZF you only renew 50% of the oil the other 50% stays in the torque convertor.

Anyone know any methods of renewing all of it without dissasembly?

Some say change it, run it for a few miles then change it again so you've got at least 75% new oil in there, any better solutions?

Pumps and suction etc?

Andy

When I did mine I went for the change the oil and filter, then drive for about 500 miles and change just the oil again, the oil that came out on the change was certainly quite dirty implying that it flushed quite a bit out of the torque converter. The drips that are now appearing on the bottom of the box from a leak that I can't as yet find are quite clean which indicates to me that most of the very old oil that was in the system has been removed.

HTH

Pete

Undo the oil cooler pipes and put one in a bucket of new ATF and the other in a empty bucket, run until new ATF comes out. You'll need to find out which way round the pipes go by trial and error as the flow changes depending on what gear you are in. Not tried this method myself so don't blame me if you end up with ATF all over your drive.

Undo the oil cooler pipes and put one in a bucket of new ATF and the other in a empty bucket, run until new ATF comes out. You'll need to find out which way round the pipes go by trial and error as the flow changes depending on what gear you are in. Not tried this method myself so don't blame me if you end up with ATF all over your drive.

I was thinking along those lines, maybe have a play next week.