Dam Busters!

Paul64

Hi,

Went for a trip by LR with Jasper to see the Dam at the Mohnesee. This is where the site of the real event as recorded in the film the Dam Busters took place. Great day with lots of surrounding forest trails.

DSC04602600x450.jpg

DSC04603600x450.jpg

DSC04599600x450.jpg

DSC04596600x450.jpg

I didn't actually walk over the dam so I can't say what the repair looks like. Spent most of my time in the woods with Jasper. In the afternoon I went to the British Sailing Club to watch some of my colleagues get very wet and cold!

Cheers,

Paul

you should be able to see the repair from the viewing area above the river/pumping station side, slightly lighter colour stone IIRC, was a big hole.

Hi Ralph,

I will be back there in a couple of weeks time. I will find out where the breach was and get you a photo of the repair. You probably hit the nail on the head when you mentined the time span of 15 years. With that amount of time it is probably well weathered.

Cheers, Paul