Side lights Electrical fault

Hi All,

Whats the saying "theres no pleasure without pain" how true!

After a good day out off roading on Bribie Island, I turn the lights on to find that the instrument panel lights aren't working, upon further investigation I find that the side lights on the right hand side aren't working either, the tracks were very rough so presuming that something had been dislodged I inspected the fuses and the fuse for that circuit had blown, I thought great and replaced it only for the new one to blow straight away, looks like a short, has anyone any experience of this sort of problem and how to go about fixing it? any help would be greatly apprieciated.

Thanks for any help

Follow the wire from the fuse to the lights and look for a bit with damage to the wire.

Thats easier said that done! I presumed it was a straight short, But does anyone now of any likely spots to start looking, is there a usual area that causes this or could it be anywhere?