ALRC National 2007

I can assure you that even if I wanted to I could have no access to PMs! Believe me, I have tried! ;)

I will send you both a PM, please let me know by replying to the PM if you receive it. Click on the "New Messages" button at the top right of the screen, even if it says "0 New Messages". If a problem persists we will look into it for you.

Thanks

Chris

I can assure you that even if I wanted to I could have no access to PMs! Believe me, I have tried! ;)

I will send you both a PM, please let me know by replying to the PM if you receive it. Click on the "New Messages" button at the top right of the screen, even if it says "0 New Messages". If a problem persists we will look into it for you.

Thanks

Chris

OK i do not want to cause any problems been looking at his forum for somtime before posting its good and better most some For the technical stuff its great bets most mags etc

But i have had problems on some small club ones depending on how you set it up, moderators can hold and read pms, they can even change them. I have had posts cut/amended and in a few occussions extra posts added under my name.

I created and run/moderate a few myself, its not not an easy job as you know, i've had lawyers contact me in the middle of the night complaining about a certain posts critical of a product, rows between members getting out of hand, even "russian brides" prending to be landy owners having techincal problems. I have the know how to change/delate/amend/cut posts and private pms, but i do not do it cause i believe its not right and cannnot be bothered.

This year the National is being hosted by The Lancashire and Cheshire Land Rover Owners Club. The event will take place at Baden Hall, Eccleshall, Staffordshire from the 24th to the 29th May 2007, and is open to all members of an ALRC club.

Have a look at the dedicated website at www.alrc2007.co.uk for more details and an entry form.

Cool, anyone know what sort of terrain is going to be used at Baden Hall (trees, rocks, mud, ntural, man made, etc.)?

Can't give out details of the sections as haven't been set out yet!

There are trees and water on site as well as plenty of embankments and "bomb holes"

I would imagine we will be using the lot. :rolleyes:

Camping ground is, in the main, flat.

Comp safari will be v fast is places.

HTH

Can't give out details of the sections as haven't been set out yet!

There are trees and water on site as well as plenty of embankments and "bomb holes"

I would imagine we will be using the lot. :rolleyes:

Camping ground is, in the main, flat.

Comp safari will be v fast is places.

HTH

Cool, although tree's are not to my liking, too many bent panels else :(

Still looking forward to the event though :D

Cool, although tree's are not to my liking, too many bent panels else :(

Still looking forward to the event though :D

Cant wait for the national event,nervous though!

I dont care what the terrain is I just want to do well,I have won a trophy already for 1st in class, and would take my disco to hell and back to win a trophy at the national event.

300bhp/ton,what class is your disco in for RTV trials.

Well technically it should be standard class, all I do is run 33" tyres with wheel arch flares and HD shocks/springs but of standard height.

I have stock bumpers but in last years regs it stated you could remove any aero aids. So I removed the bumper corners and fron air damn as they where all part of the aero setup and fouled the tyres.

This year the twats at the ALRC have re-written the rules stating you can't remove bumper corners and have to cut them off at the bottom instead. However I shall be adding some wood to each end of the bumpers to make sure it is the full width for the National, at club level it doesn't matter so much.

HOWEVER - to try and aviod hassle I have voluntry (on the application form) opted for class 11, modified.

For local events with CVLRC they run coil and leaf classes so I end up in coil. I know I'll probably never win as there are mostly 90's or smaller Land Rovers, but then it's my choice to run a Discovery.

I just hate some of the petty carp the ALRC have in their regs. I wish they'd lighten up on certain mods and allow people to run within reason any suspension or bumper setup as it would make it a lot easier and CHEAPER to modify.

Staying with in the ALRC regs is costly and stupidly difficult.

It will have something to do with the flared arches as well i reckon.The front view silhoutte would change?

So have you been to a national event before,are they REALLY keen on things.They might rip my old shed to bits and tell me to go home.

I have an old steel bumper on the front of my RRC as I was fed up of replacing the corners - problem solved.

The Rear Protection System has a silhoutte addeed at the side to give the same dimensions as the original bumper. I have asked if I will be allowed to play in stand class and was told yes. Never any problem at local level.

If there is a problem I will play in class 11.

I would ask when you go through scrutineering if you are eligable for class 5. Scrutineering tends to be stiffer for the CCV motors, but it is worth asking.

It will have something to do with the flared arches as well i reckon.The front view silhoutte would change?

I think wheel arch flares are permissable as they may be a legal requirement to cover the wheels for road use, the same as Series Landie's can run Defender wheel arch flares.

C.12. SILHOUETTE.

C.12.3. Sill panels may be removed and wings cut away, provided they present no sharp edges.....

And last years regs used to say this:

B.11.3. If wide wheels / tyres have been fitted such that the wheels / tyres protrude from the original bodywork, then wheel arch flares / spats / mudguards must be fitted to cover them. (See dimensions and specifications in MSA reg. E.12.2.7.) Such additional items are not deemed to be part of the silhouette. This is permissible in order to make the vehicle road-legal and to reduce the hazard from mud and stones being thrown up by the wheels to the detriment of marshals and spectators.

Quite why it is missing from this years regs just goes to prove how inconsitant and silly some of the ALRC regs really are.

So have you been to a national event before,are they REALLY keen on things.They might rip my old shed to bits and tell me to go home.

I've been to lots of Nationals over the years however this year will be the first one I'll be competing at.

As for scrutineering, well you never can tell as it's down to the organsing clubs each year. Some are good some not so. One year all they seemed to be worried about was people having locking diffs and they then complained about almost every recovery point even though they where all accepted (they where failing jate rings and the D mounts on Series vehicles) but then quite plainly let vehicles pass scrutineering which evidently had unsafe recovery points.

But other years they have been pretty good, so you never can tell what it's going to be like, I just hope I don't have any issues.

Just had a chat with one of the scrutineers.

He said that their aim this year is for people to spend less time in the queue and more time in the beer / lemonade tent. To that end they are concentrating on safety items and not whether the giggle pin is the right colour.

Present a clean motor and you won't have any bother.