wheel nuts

it would appear not all my wheel nuts are 27mm, the socket is slightly loose on the nut and where they are as tight as buggerey the socket just flies off when i try to loosen the nut, could they be imperial? and would they be 1 1/16" then?

Where would i get such a socket, Halfrauds no longer stock imperial :angry: and i want to get my new tyres on

TIA, Bal

Why not get a set of new 27mm nuts (think they are 50p each from stealer) or I have a set for a fiver plust postage (im in Kent BTW), and nip over to a tyre company and ask if they can undo your nuts (so to speak), give them a couple of quid for their time bobs your uncle, fanny's your aunt and your new rubber can be put on in the comfort of your own home (er the tyres that is)...

:D

Why not get a set of new 27mm nuts (think they are 50p each from stealer) or I have a set for a fiver plust postage (im in Kent BTW), and nip over to a tyre company and ask if they can undo your nuts (so to speak), give them a couple of quid for their time bobs your uncle, fanny's your aunt and your new rubber can be put on in the comfort of your own home (er the tyres that is)...

:D

friggin wheel nuts are worth a bomb here, (friend went to buy some once for a wheel carrier he was making, nearly had a heart attack) and FWIW I've been using an 1,1/16" socket for years as I don't know any better :lol:

1 1/16" is indeed the size, and 27mm is the same as near as dammit.

Go for the hex socket and you won't go wrong.

I use a wheel brace which is a hex socket and has never let me down yet.

There again as I have got older I have strayed from the path of riteousness - 6' scaffolding pole - and use a torque wrench when I put them on!!

1 1/16" is indeed the size, and 27mm is the same as near as dammit.

Go for the hex socket and you won't go wrong.

I use a wheel brace which is a hex socket and has never let me down yet.

There again as I have got older I have strayed from the path of riteousness - 6' scaffolding pole - and use a torque wrench when I put them on!!

yep, 1,1/16" = 26.9875mm, and FWIW if anyone is using Wolf/130HD wheels these require a tension of 120-130 lb/ft ! as per a TSB from about ten years back

yep, 1,1/16" = 26.9875mm, and FWIW if anyone is using Wolf/130HD wheels these require a tension of 120-130 lb/ft ! as per a TSB from about ten years back

As mentioned above - use of a torque wrench is a good idea for wheel nuts; 120-130 lb/ft does not really feel very much for such a large nut. Even my battery rattler beats 120, and the windy gun easily exceeds that on it's lowest setting :o

Rog