Moab: April 29 - May 5th

RPR

Wow B)

We were going to go there on our tour of the States/Canada... now we ARE going to go there! Not sure we'll be doing much crawling though, a fully loaded 110 Camel on Muds is probably not the best off road tool in that situation.

i see you found some play mates :D , am i right in thinking you can hire jeeps for offroad driving at a sensible price out there.

The Toyota FJ40 boys from CA were excllent fun and a nice group of guys:

Moabtrip060.jpg

Moabtrip070.jpg

Moabtrip067.jpg

There were very well set up late model Jeep Rubicons with stock low gearing and f/r lockers on 33" MTs with about 3 - 4" of lift and long arm kits for rent at the hotel just next to where I was. They were about GBP 80/day as I recall plus another 20 quid in tyre and glass damage coverage. More stock models could be had for less. A little steep but for what they are renting, a good deal. No Land Rovers for rent though (nor were there many in sight)...

You can hire Jeeps at Farabees and Cliffhanger . Both offers standard Wrangler and Rubicon version with front and rear lockers and lower ratio T-Case.

Best guide book is Charles Wells.

Until you go there, it's hard to comprehend the scale of the place and the freedom you have to play. Even if you call in with a regular hire car there are easy trails in landscapes that'll blow your mind.

Talking to someone yesterday who knows group of Dutch LR enthusiasts who are shipping their trucks over this year. Hmmm, now that's got me thinking....

Kev

You can hire Jeeps at Farabees and Cliffhanger . Both offers standard Wrangler and Rubicon version with front and rear lockers and lower ratio T-Case.

Best guide book is Charles Wells.

Until you go there, it's hard to comprehend the scale of the place and the freedom you have to play. Even if you call in with a regular hire car there are easy trails in landscapes that'll blow your mind.

Talking to someone yesterday who knows group of Dutch LR enthusiasts who are shipping their trucks over this year. Hmmm, now that's got me thinking....

Kev

I would agree, a great set of photos which gives just a taste of what's out there.

Kev - If your thinking goes any further than a thought, I would be very interested in a possible group shipment of vehicles. We went on our own to Moab in 2005 and had a blast, but both my wife and I agreed that we could have an even better time in our own vehicles. Not having to worry about panel damage, plus driving trails in a 'known' vehicle would make for some serious fun.

I am not saying that the hire stuff is not capable, but I prefer offroading in a Land Rover product. - I don't drive a Jeep :)

Aid.

For all those ordering those books over here, Waterstones can get them for you with ISBN numbers and just charge you the cover price converted into £'s... quite good we thought and they got our California one very quickly. We'll be getting the others before we go :)