York aircon compressor

Guest diesel_jim
Anyone? I want one that takes a V-belt as I have the pully fitted on my 200tdi. What cars were they fitted to?

Paul

Just having a play in the garage, i've found a spare V bely pully and electromagnet clutch unit for a 210 (or same shaped/different spec) York pump.... i bought a serpentine pulley from Kilby when i was in the states last time (ready to go on my 300Tdi.... it's been "ready" for about 3 years now... :rolleyes: )

Shout if you need it.

Just having a play in the garage, i've found a spare V bely pully and electromagnet clutch unit for a 210 (or same shaped/different spec) York pump.... i bought a serpentine pulley from Kilby when i was in the states last time (ready to go on my 300Tdi.... it's been "ready" for about 3 years now... :rolleyes: )

Shout if you need it.

Will do, thanks Jim.

Paul

Just a side note, My york setup has the oiling mod, and has not used any oil for the last six months.

It is said that the oiling mod "could" cause the seal to dry up, but I have no evidence of this happening.

As much as I can find out, it was fitted on RR between 1982 and 1986 with aircon as a dealer fit.

Just a side note, My york setup has the oiling mod, and has not used any oil for the last six months.

It is said that the oiling mod "could" cause the seal to dry up, but I have no evidence of this happening.

As much as I can find out, it was fitted on RR between 1982 and 1986 with aircon as a dealer fit.

Thanks for all your help. I will start looking for a compressor next week.

Paul

Guest diesel_jim

Ah right, although you can use them arientated any way round,can't you?

(they suggest the "out" be at the "top" if the pump is mounted led on its side though)