adv wng - X-Eng Challenge

JST

Thank you X-Eng for supporting us and providing prizes and vehicle livery, plus bringing the Horsham crowd down to give the regulars a run for their money!

Well everyone seemed to enjoy themselves and find enough variety to keep themselves going until the end. Well done guys some cracking skills displayed over the day (plus some not quite so good ones!)

I will send an email to all the competitors with the individual punch scores in due course. Overall results are shown below. Please bear in mind that although some teams have quite low scores these still represent some 18/19 punches it was just that a lot of other people in the same class also achieved those punches!

My first event where not all the punches were achieved, whether time constraints or not is difficult to judge, (with the exception of the water one which I didn't think anyone would get) I don't think Pauls. Nicks, Tonys and Paul/Jases breakdowns helped them despite them taking the top four places!

Pictures will be up along with an event write-up on my web site although a few below to keep you all going.

Sorry I missed some of who had to leave early 'Taz90' what happened to the truck then? And Mike I hear the mainshaft went again? There must be something wrong in there.

The day couldn't have happened without the support of the marshals who have a thankless job at times, and my sincere thanks go to GBMUD, VICTOR, CHRIS H for their help and support throughout the day. THANK YOU GUYS.

MODIFIED

1st Paul Milsom and Jason Farr 1337

2nd Paul and Dan Wightman 1047

3rd Nick Watts and Guy Radford 682

4. Tony Cordell and Charles Bishop 552

5. Simon Elvins and Ashley Tweedy 551

6. Graeme Mitchell and Rob Langley 549

7. Bob Smith 487

8. Pete Mitchell and Adrian Pike 454

9. Dan Smith 395

10. Mike Cuff and Sam Fletcher 371

11. Martin Stainer and Alen Cousins 349

12. John Piper and Lee Watson 342

13. David Hockley and Lawrence Horne 195 (295 – 100 pts for lateness)

Simon and Charlie Walton – Retd

Richard Wheeler – Retd

Paul Hooper and Andy Smith - DNS

Std +1

1st. Shaun Houghton and Jack Houghton 2500

2nd. Dave Sawdon and Hilary Evans 1900

Std

1st Keith Knight and Stuart Guard 2400

2nd Paul Radford and George 2000

The next 4x4Adventures date is the 28 Jul 07 at a new to us site, Uplowman, Tiverton. If you wish to receive an entry form please email

info@4x4adventures.co.uk

All previous competitors will receive an email by default.

post-53-1182154728_thumb.jpg

post-53-1182154738_thumb.jpg

post-53-1182154748_thumb.jpg

post-53-1182154767_thumb.jpg

post-53-1182154777_thumb.jpg

post-53-1182154792_thumb.jpg

post-53-1182154810_thumb.jpg

Sorry I missed some of who had to leave early – Taz90 – what happened to the truck then?

The truck's fine. We had only done 3 easy punches after an hour and a half before my co-driver finally expired. He kept needing to stop, then he exploded.

I think it's the most expensive bit of off roading I've ever done having come all the way from Essex. We only actually did about 40 minutes. But that's life.

Rich

great event

thoroughly enjoyed it

Bish was a great co-driver I hope he enjoyed the event as much as I did.

4th overall despite losing a caliper and getting a simex to let itself down with wood in the bead of the tyre,

we lost about 1hr30mins overall fixing the caliper/tyre

cheers To SimonR and chris Watts with loan of a soldering iron and Si for the idea.

another great event

after the big wash down, found two squashed rear brake pipes on top of a broken front brake caliper and one of those simex tyres that let them self,s down :blink: great fun!!!!!!

Lard - so only driving with 1 working caliper by th end of the day then!

i must say that it looked like you wore Jase out. You have never looked that tired.....

i felt more tired driving than when i,m winching , i fell a sleep on the way home . it must be the thought of putting up another shelf

:lol::hysterical: