D2 face lift

jules

Disco2_winch_bumper.jpg

I think this looks very nice and my disco looks very plain so I'm going to give her a face lift as it has too meny miles to be worth selling and replacing and better the devil you know I may as well drive her into the ground.

I have just fitted a second hand ARB bumper but its black so I need to spray it to match the body work.

What size dose anyone recon the tyres are in this as they don't make my size in BFG's so I will have to go bigger or smaller than factory spec.

I have a set of new style lights but need the bottom trim, I need to get a generic plug to use when changing from the old stile to new wiring.

Don't suppose anyone has a Safari D2 snorkel for sale :)

Those tyres look very much like BFGs to me.

I use 255/70R16 BFG AT's and I would either get the same again, or possibly the new General Grabber AT2 which is a very similar (possibly slightly better) tread, a very very tough tyre carcass and 2/3 the price ;)

I'd guess the ones in the pic may well be 255/70R16. They fill out the arches much better too :)

Those tyres look very much like BFGs to me.

I use 255/70R16 BFG AT's and I would either get the same again, or possibly the new General Grabber AT2 which is a very similar (possibly slightly better) tread, a very very tough tyre carcass and 2/3 the price ;)

I'd guess the ones in the pic may well be 255/70R16. They fill out the arches much better too :)

I fitted some 265/75 and found them way too big and sold them on ages ago, The General AT2 is said to be a superb tyre and some have said better than the BFG AT and the Generals were used for the new Shogun press lanch so they can't be half bad as they uesd to be BFG AT's fitted to everything.

Mine has a funny size so I have to go bigger or smaller but not the same

255/65/r16.

the size increase is so small its not worth worrying about so a set to 255/70's it is...

all I need now is to look at the late style lighting wiring and the little plastic trim under the head light I am missing.

I don't think I will bother with the snorkel as it will result in cutting the wing were as at the moment I can refit the old bumper and return the truck to normal if I need to.

Jules,

May not be useful due to the miles that you do but, Colway do a 255/65/16 in an A/T.

Pete.

Thanks for the note as you said with the milage I would stick with BFG or General not that there is anything wrong with Colway tyres