We have a BIG problem with the website server

Les Henson

Well this forum has certainly saved me plenty of time and money (with the usefull advice i've been given) and I've met plenty of like minded people along the way, got to be worth dipping your hands in your pockets for..

A few squids sent.

It might be an idea to make the 'Funding' option a bit more prominent, I'd not noticed it before now.

Another idea is to do what ORRP do and have 'Supporting Member' or some such title or emblem under the members name/avatar, this would raise awareness of how the forum is funded.

This 'Badge of Honour' could be graduated - Bronze, Silver or Gold, depending on the level of donation and would last for 12 months from the day of donation, to encourage donation next year.

Paul.

another forum I frequent (VZi) puts "VZi Forum Sponsor Member" under the Avatar. If you click on it you see this:

The Volkszone is run on a non profit basis. Due to the huge amounts of bandwidth generated by this forum the charges involved are high.

By contributing towards the upkeep of the forum you are investing in its future.

Please understand, this is only based on goodwill and there is NO obligation to make a donation. If you would like to contribute here are the details:

Direct Transfer to:

Bank: Natwest (####### Branch)

Sort Code: ##-##-##

Acc No. #######

Acc Name: ### #####

Cheques (made payable to #### ####)

to: ### #####

PO BOX ###

ABINGDON

OXON ### ###

PayPal

If you want to use PayPal to donate, CLICK HERE if you are logged in. Your user account will be upgraded immediately.

If you wish to donate a different amount, click the Donation button below and don't forget to let us know your username on VZi so that we can add 'sponsor' to your profile.

they get a shed load of sponsors as I guess people like to be seen as a sponsor member.

It's probably worth looking into?

Jas

ps. I Donated also - this place has saved me a fortune.

Guest WALFY
With the funding of the forum in mind, and potential increased costs, how about holding some LR related events in support of forum funds?

I ran a forum treasure hunt event last year and cannot, within the rules, accept any payment for doing so - other than for my costs. How about, if I were to run another, it should be in return for a donation to the forum funds instead? Anyone up for that? If so, I will think about a date (this summer, the army go on holiday in August so SPTA is open) and announce it in the Getting out there forum.

Chris

Chris

If you need help setting up/ recce the route then let me know. Now beginning to find my way around.

With the funding of the forum in mind, and potential increased costs, how about holding some LR related events in support of forum funds?

Chris

How about a lr4x4 calendar, Women's Institute-stylie?

Suggestions for what people could be holding in front of them are now, sadly, inevitable...

Events are a great way of raising revenue. Chris's Christmas treasure hunt was a crackin day, and I'd do it again 2moro (if Jen were to let me drive the good bits!! :lol: ) Unfortunately we won't be able to do the August event tho... ;)

There are lots of people on here with experience of running events... get your heads together chaps! ;)

Agreed with pugwash, I too have met loads of really groovy people through this place and while I'm sure if it did die, the friendships would continue, I'd hate for that to be the case. Donations are made by the people who most appreciate the forum, its members and the advice that there is on offer. I have donated in the past and will again. It would be a huge shame to loose LR4x4 and I really don't think there is another forum that has the same feel about it. :wub:

Mods and admins... Keep up the good work.... long live LR4x4!! :D

Guest diesel_jim

/wicked thought/

Les arriving on a nice galvanised coil sprung chassie'd portal axled catflap saying "what forum problems? what money?"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

others are far more paid up as you say and yet they still offer.

if you want to donate do so, if you don't that's fine.

posts like this are some what saddening to read from my point of view.

same with all forums some people put in far less than they take out.

You need I think to lighten up - this (lighthearted) comment was based on the recent purchase I made of form of forum stickers (with the little excess I paid going towards the running of the forum) - was happy to pay even more but frankly not sure I would bother now.....

What saddens me is posts from folks (partic from a mod and the treasurer too) who don't get their facts right before posting.

wow - you need to chill out yourself MJG! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Read the post again, and you'll see that nothing was aimed at you. You've interpreted it that way - nothing else

Steve :)

So who was "posts like this are some what saddening to read from my point of view.

same with all forums some people put in far less than they take out."

Aimed at????

I'm happy to donate to keep the forum going and free of adverts.

Stupidly I never thought of how it was financed - a more visible polite request for donations might be needed for us thickies.

Friendliest and most helpful forum around.

I'll happily make a donation to keep things running.

I can also help with finding an EXCELLENT UK based host that will do you a dedicated server for a lot less than £100+ a month, if you want info then give me a shout as i've worked with IT services/ecommerce for years and have several contacts i use for my business hosting.