We have a BIG problem with the website server

Les Henson

Why not go for the bigger server and since there are so many users why not try and get companies and businesses e.g. scorpion racing to pay to advertise on here.

why not go for the bigger server and since there are so many users why not try and get companies and businesses eg scorpion raceing to pay to adverties on here.

Raw,, i would get you head down, if i were you,, ( yes, you are new, so can plead ignorance :rolleyes: )

The reason this site works well, is because it is completely free from outside commercial pressures, and we are free to do as we (or rather the Mods let us do :lol: ) please,

hell would freeze over, before a certain orange company were allowed to advertise on here !!

Raw,

As Mr Pug says do a search and then have a laugh.............

you could have gone the whole Hog and said Scrapion racing and LRE :hysterical:

I know EXACTLY how you feel,

Many many moons ago I posted a completely innocent Question as one of my very 1st posts and things erm "Errupted" when I asked a Q re the "K" Word :lol:

Remember Les, ......................oh how you laughed ?

Nige :ph34r:

Raw,

As Mr Pug says do a search and then have a laugh.............

you could have gone the whole Hog and said Scrapion racing and LRE :hysterical:

I know EXACTLY how you feel,

Many many moons ago I posted a completely innocent Question as one of my very 1st posts and things erm "Errupted" when I asked a Q re the "K" Word :lol:

Remember Les, ......................oh how you laughed ?

Nige :ph34r:

I see what you mean it would turn the forum into a commercial rat race

You got it.

This is a great forum with a wealth of knowledge, as long as you don't count my spelling in that.

There are no ads getting in the way of the sometimes eloquent prose to be found here.

I have signed on the dotted line to help keep it that way.

Welcome aboard

Hey,

I only joined this year and have 2x 110's one rusting and leaking away as we speak and the other hasn't turned a wheel in anger yet, and you don't laugh to much at stupid questions either.....

You / we have got to keep this forum going.. Kerrchink payment is on it's way...

cheers Daveyb

To all,

This site was a great help to me since I become a proud owner of my first Defender 300 Tdi. Needles to say, that the advices and tech archive saved me lot and lot of money.

I just gave my donation and I hope others will do the same.

Guys - have you considered moving to another service provider? Check the servers offer here: http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/Server

Thanks,

Tomas

Guys - have you considered moving to another service provider? Check the servers offer here: http://order.1and1.co.uk/xml/order/Server

Yep, we looked very closely at a number of options before deciding to stick with Invision - partly because they actually aren't that expensive and partly because their support is excellent which is important when we only have volunteer admins who will never be available 24/7. For instance the company you linked to above charge £99.99 a month for a server that's roughly equivalent to the one we've got from Invision, but that doesn't include the forum software or support for it, both of which we have bundled. I've also no idea whether their support is any good. We found that we'd save very little money by moving to another reputable host, and lose some of our support in the process.

We'll obviously re-evaluate in the future to make sure we're always getting the best deal for the forum, but we're confident Invision is the best place for us to be at least in the near future. :)