Latin

pugwash

track down either Blod or Wide Mouth Kev of the Liberty Bell Morris men - you'd love 'em re-worked classics using basball bats, crowbars and axes, good guys but totally nuts

or the Black Crow morris men, very old school, no white hankies for them, blacked up they look like satans bodyguards

always seems a good excuse to drink a heap of beer and keep alive our history :)

OT slightly but aren't the black clothed morris men to celebrate halloween......was driving thro a local village a couple of years ago at halloween and came across a load of 'em dancing on the road all in black waving flaming torches and banging drums at 10pm ........course could have been something else entirely :ph34r: .......this is suffolk .......mind you i'm a local :P

cheers

Steveb`

Coorrr Latin I had to learn it up to the age of 14. That was untill the school worked out i had problems reading and writing english, never mind latin. I had to take an exam at it when i was 13 .

All i rember now of latin is , What black , the number 6 and Love is in Latin , and anyone that know latin will know why :D:D

Do still now some of the verbs and some other stuff but not enough to help here

latin is the only exam i ever did really badly in- i got 1% !

i kept forgetting to put full stops at the end of each sentence and the teacher refused to mark it. i got one point for getting my name right (god he was a patronising person I'm not that keen on- i was only 8!)

latin is the only exam i ever did really badly in- i got 1% !

i kept forgetting to put full stops at the end of each sentence and the teacher refused to mark it. i got one point for getting my name right (god he was a patronising person I'm not that keen on- i was only 8!)

Well you have just made my day. I thought my 3% in a Latin exam was bad :D:D

I thought that was the title, and the book started 'Ecce. In pictura est puella. Est puella Romana.' Turned out that she was called Flavia and the family had a tutor called Davus. The book had a wrinkly soft cover with a funny smell to it that was at the same time musty and sharp. That's all I remember about Latin.