Defender 2007 Cooling Problem?

:blink: Is there one????

I am due to pick up a 2007 Defender early next week and I am concerned by previous posts that apparently Land Rover has ceased production of any more Defenders due to a cooling problem on the new 2.4 engine.

Any clarification is much appreciated.

Guest dew110CSW

Just text a mate who's an apprentice Mechanic at a Carlisle LR Main Dealer and got the reply "Nah. Chatting sh*t. Wanna worry about the timing chain problems." So seems a no-no on the cooling, but timing chain?

Again, on the hundreds of engines and vehicles that have passed through the workshops where I have been based for the last 6months I dont recall any timing chain issues, but then, what do I know? :rolleyes:

A bloke who comes trialing, works in a garage that repairs taxis with this engine in and he said the timing chains have been going after 20-25k they have bought a large number of nissan engines because they are ripping the fords out

Well , all i can say, !!

Ordered a new 110 XS with most options, near 30k worth, for del last week May/1st week June,,

4 days later, same UK dealer calls back and informs delivery will now not be until August ? maybe, and that their was a problem with customers ordered cars, did not mention dealers pre-ordered stock ones ??

I could understand, if i had screwed him down on price (re-sold it at retail) !! so you tell me ?

Well , all i can say, !!

Ordered a new 110 XS with most options, near 30k worth, for del last week May/1st week June,,

4 days later, same UK dealer calls back and informs delivery will now not be until August ? maybe, and that their was a problem with customers ordered cars, did not mention dealers pre-ordered stock ones ??

I could understand, if i had screwed him down on price (re-sold it at retail) !! so you tell me ?

Hello. I'm new here.

I ordered my 110 XS in Jan as a dealer pre-order. The dealer has received 2 of his 6 cars, and mine is next.

Car was built last month and HAS been factory released, yet 3 delivery dates have slipped, the last of which was April 16th.

So far, No car! :angry:

Had a test drive in a 90 on Saturday, dealer said again that cooling problems don't exist and that the only delay has been with getting enough built to meet demand which is why there seem to be delays on orders placed after the original stock allocation.

Mine is still due in May - but I'll wait and see.

Just to update on delivery, my 90 CSW is at the dealers just waiting for a dealer fit tow bar and registration and I should have it by the weekend. Soon as I've got it I'll stick some pictures on. So far I cannot fault the dealership they have done exactly what they promised me, a 5 day delivery from dealer stock. They are out there you just need to hunt them down.

Just to update on delivery, my 90 CSW is at the dealers just waiting for a dealer fit tow bar and registration and I should have it by the weekend. Soon as I've got it I'll stick some pictures on. So far I cannot fault the dealership they have done exactly what they promised me, a 5 day delivery from dealer stock. They are out there you just need to hunt them down.

i went to my locall dealers to take mi mums freelander in for a check up , spoke to some of the guys i used to work with , went for a spin in a new 90 truck cab and they see no problems. Hope it all goes ok for you , wish i could afford one !!!!

Sam