freelander timing belt

frrfrr

hi , can anyone help me ? i went to buy a timing belt for a 2000 1.8 petrol freelander today but was told that there are 2 different ones , aparrently there are manual and automatic tensioner types. can any one shead some light for me?

regards frrfrr

I have a feeling the very early ones were one sort and nearly all the rest are the other sort but can't remember which is which. If you can provide VIN and engine numbers to your parts supplier they ought to be able to tell you from that I should think.

I have a feeling the very early ones were one sort and nearly all the rest are the other sort but can't remember which is which. If you can provide VIN and engine numbers to your parts supplier they ought to be able to tell you from that I should think.

thanks , i did give the supplier both the vin and engine no , but still he had no idea!

i might try another supplier though i get a BRILLIANT discount from him as he must think that i am someone else, he he!

regards frrfrr

thanks , i did give the supplier both the vin and engine no , but still he had no idea!

i might try another supplier though i get a BRILLIANT discount from him as he must think that i am someone else, he he!

regards frrfrr

Is it worth taking the timing belt plastic cover off and have a look.