===> We're moving

LR90

Well I'm pleased to announce that the kind generosity of our members has enabled us to retain our independence and commit to a shiny new dedicated server hosted by Invision.

The server is now in place and it is planned to move the board across tomorrow at 9:00EDT or 13:00GMT (if I've got that right). There WILL be some downtime while the forum is shutdown and data copied/checked and I've been advised this could be 2-3 hours so please be patient. If its not back up in that time I think you can assume we're still working on it ;)

The response from members, moderators, and Admins was absolutely oustanding. In 48-hours we had recieved almost enough for a whole years costs - with some from what we had already in the gin fund. All the suggestions that people made in the original thread will be discussed at length in the A&M forum. You will all get to hear of any announcements in due course. Thanks once again.

Les.

Got to be the way forward, all the best with the move, hope to see you all later :D

In 48-hours we had recieved almost enough for a whole years costs - with some from what we had already in the gin fund. Les.

Les, would be interested to now, just how much the new system will cost the forum, say over 1 12 month period ( if its been said before, sorry, but must have miss it :unsure: )

Thanks for all the work the admins are/will be putting in :)

Guest diesel_jim
There WILL be some downtime while the forum is shutdown and data copied/checked and I've been advised this could be 2-3 hours so please be patient.

/pacing up and down, biting nails, twitching perfously/

oooohhh... what am i going to do???? 3 hours......

i might have to do proper work instead....

Yep, we've moved. Nice dual core machine all to ourselves which should give us a bit of head room.

Full credit has to go to Invision for carrying out the move so smoothly.

So you're that fat guy in the next sun lounger - I did wonder. :D

that's a bit presumptuous, i might be a greek adonis. I might be the next brad Pitt- it's dangerous just going round calling people fat.

in this case you would be right though. :D