Awdc Round 3

No problem, all you need is a sharp knife, a pen and some insulation tape its easy once you know how.

Im not looking forward to big steep hills next weekend so ill have to try get my brakes working a bit better, we went to Tixover with Simon yesterday which was a good laugh apart from popping two!! yes 2 tyres off the rim at the same time driving up a gully that was quite narrow.

250919941.jpg

look's like the beadlocker's have moved up the list! :D

lewis did you go Td5? if yo have you need to get it running asap!!!!!!! as there's a lot of thing's that can stop it starting! :angry:

Entry List as follows

Number Driver Co Driver Class

2 Richard Nicolson Rob Tunnah 2

3 Robert Jones Darren Chesher 2

4 Steve Lait Nick Slade 2

7 Adrian Turner Richard Weatherly 2

8 John Sales Phil Cross 2

9 John Fair Tracey Harrold 2

13 Sue Gawne Kevin Moss 3

15 Paul Whibley Tony Blunt 1

16 Steve Jeffries Peter Cooper 2

17 Carwyn Henry Mark Pinchen 3

18 Glynn Yates Barry Gee 2

20 Chris Ould Simon Roberts 2

24 Gavin Lawrence Ryan Lawrence 3

25 Chris Abel Tom Butler 2

28 Ben Hollis Simon Hazard 2

30 Alan Kemp James Walker 2

32 Warren Young Steven Crossley 2

33 Dave Stokes Edd Cobley 2

35 Elwyn Griffiths Ryan Gethin 3

39 Dave Mason Trevor Tatler 3

41 Gary Zoller Paul Orchard 2

46 Graham Fuller Andrew Warren 3

59 Wesley Beynon Steve Beynon 3

64 Neville Hudd Kevin Bailey Eager 3

65 Mark Sinclair Matt Riley 2

66 Zoltan Guzi John Bazley 2

71 Nicolas Bolt Chris Bolt 3

78 Andrew Callow Lewis Bullock 2

83 Gareth Robinson TBA 3

84 Seb Hare Simon Oakden 1

85 William Nunns TBA 3

86 Kevin Nunns TBA 3

Entry List as follows

Number Driver Co Driver Class

2 Richard Nicolson Rob Tunnah 2

3 Robert Jones Darren Chesher 2

4 Steve Lait Nick Slade 2

7 Adrian Turner Richard Weatherly 2........ les brock this time Neil

8 John Sales Phil Cross 2

9 John Fair Tracey Harrold 2

13 Sue Gawne Kevin Moss 3

15 Paul Whibley Tony Blunt 1

16 Steve Jeffries Peter Cooper 2

17 Carwyn Henry Mark Pinchen 3

18 Glynn Yates Barry Gee 2

20 Chris Ould Simon Roberts 2

24 Gavin Lawrence Ryan Lawrence 3

25 Chris Abel Tom Butler 2

28 Ben Hollis Simon Hazard 2

30 Alan Kemp James Walker 2

32 Warren Young Steven Crossley 2

33 Dave Stokes Edd Cobley 2

35 Elwyn Griffiths Ryan Gethin 3

39 Dave Mason Trevor Tatler 3

41 Gary Zoller Paul Orchard 2

46 Graham Fuller Andrew Warren 3

59 Wesley Beynon Steve Beynon 3

64 Neville Hudd Kevin Bailey Eager 3

65 Mark Sinclair Matt Riley 2

66 Zoltan Guzi John Bazley 2

71 Nicolas Bolt Chris Bolt 3

78 Andrew Callow Lewis Bullock 2

83 Gareth Robinson TBA 3

84 Seb Hare Simon Oakden 1

85 William Nunns TBA 3

86 Kevin Nunns TBA 3

Yep, myself and the hawaiian shirt wearing biatch will be there :lol: . Got to fiddle with that damned efi stuff first.......if my replacement fuel pump ever turns up (I only ordered it a week and a half ago)aaaaarrggghhh.

Anyone got an external tank pump suitable for a 3.5 efi V8 system kicking around that they dont want? (I have been using bosch part 0580464008)

Well it starts & runs.... but still seems rich :angry::angry: Temp guage also shoots up to boil point within a few minutes but the coolant in the expansion tank is barely luke warm. (No coolant leaks and I don't think there's an airlock). Hopefully is a dodgy temp sensor/ water pump. Need to sort this and diagnose the over-fuelling before the weekend.

Neil what do you think about this

newtruck.jpg

the chain is welded links dog chain the rubber pipe is standard water pipe you would need a lead seal at each end but this would stop the dust and mud

i only have enough chain to make 10 but if you think its worth doing i can get some more

Neil what do you think about this

newtruck.jpg

the chain is welded links dog chain the rubber pipe is standard water pipe you would need a lead seal at each end but this would stop the dust and mud

i only have enough chain to make 10 but if you think its worth doing i can get some more

Look's like you had trouble with the key filling with mud as well!

yes we marked 13 punches but only got points for 10 :angry:

this would stop the mud and still be secure what do you think?

Looks good to me

As long as still have the security at either end I am happy.

Can you do 35 by Saturday ?

yes we marked 13 punches but only got points for 10 :angry:

this would stop the mud and still be secure what do you think?

Looks good to me

Yes but only half would count :ph34r::unsure:

Looks good to me

yes i can ,already done 10 so another 25 will not take long when i get some more chain

the security is the lead tabs same as on key so no problems there

just not sure how people will want to fit the pipe to there cars, i just welded a bolt to the cage same size as pipe ,could use zip tie ,glue ,superglue,whatever up to them

Everyone ready?

Even if we havent fnished the car I'll be coming to support some mates and maybe marshall, if thats okay Neil? I wont know until the day

I'm looking forward to the tree's :)

Lewis

Almost!

Got the 24v alternator to wire up, front locker cable to connect, rewire for 24v winches, perspex in rear window, change rear winch motor, make a new ground anchor. so im going tobe working like mad when i get home from work!

I just hope it's not going to rain to much this weekend, wet grass, wide tyres and big hills are not a good combination!

Well it starts & runs.... but still seems rich :angry::angry: Temp guage also shoots up to boil point within a few minutes but the coolant in the expansion tank is barely luke warm. (No coolant leaks and I don't think there's an airlock). Hopefully is a dodgy temp sensor/ water pump. Need to sort this and diagnose the over-fuelling before the weekend.

IIRC yours is a V8 (good man) ………….. if so then the problem is most likely an air lock in the heads / inlet manifold and the thermostat is very reluctant to open on hot air ………..sometimes slackening off the coolant sensor removes the air ……………

Severe over fueling is often due to a faulty coolant sensor reporting to the ECU that the engine is cold.

If it’s a flapper ……… then I have most of the parts as spares …………

:)

Ian

Still got loads to do "fixed" transmition components havent been tested yet.

what time will the scruitineering start on Sat?

I hope the ground is wet enough for the tyres to sink in for grip by now as those slopes are interesting if the ground is hard.

Weather forcast is for wet all week-end, come on Neil do your magic for the weather it worked last year. :)

Everyone ready?

Lewis

No... not yet!! I'm trapped at work at the moment (Saturday morning) and I've still got the motor to sort

IIRC yours is a V8 (good man) ………….. if so then the problem is most likely an air lock in the heads / inlet manifold and the thermostat is very reluctant to open on hot air ………..sometimes slackening off the coolant sensor removes the air ……………

Severe over fueling is often due to a faulty coolant sensor reporting to the ECU that the engine is cold.

If it’s a flapper ……… then I have most of the parts as spares …………

:)

Ian

Thanks Ian, theres no thermostat in at the moment and the coolant sensor has recently been replaced. Ill try slackening the coolant sensor before I start and get a bit more involved with it.

I'm trying to get hold of a batch of known good spares for the flapper system to carry around with me. Unfortunately I've not located anything in my (very low) price range yet.

hope this rain stops or those side slopes will be fun :o

Oh christ.....I hate this site in the dry....gawd knows what I'll be like in the wet....

I'm trying to convince Trev that his magenta (read pink) motor bike leathers and the hawiaan shirt would be a lovely winch biatch ensemble. :lol::lol::lol:

I'm trying to convince Trev that his magenta (read pink) motor bike leathers and the hawiaan shirt would be a lovely winch biatch ensemble. :lol::lol::lol:

I hear that anythink else is so last year :rolleyes: and they are this year's challenge range! ;):lol:

With the Efi.................................... bin the lot and stick with carb's :ph34r: