Awdc Round 3

just got back from wales,still soaked :rolleyes: .May not have been the best idea to take a 2 wheel drive chenowth buggy to wales with no doors on a day like today :( .Still enjoyed watching a competition from the other side for a change(marshalling B) )

Paul :D

Went over today and grouped in with Paul H and Mark - the little series looked a little out of place but retro cool i like to think post-2056-1179090369_thumb.jpg

Few other shots from the day but as with Paul H not many - had parked mine up and jumped in with Mark and Paul (Corrode Finger) was in with Paul H

post-2056-1179090582_thumb.jpg

post-2056-1179090608_thumb.jpg

post-2056-1179090648_thumb.jpg

post-2056-1179090693_thumb.jpg

Final shot of the rolled disco recovery kept a fair few busy for the afternoon. Bad luck, caught a rock with a back wheel and went over

post-2056-1179090788_thumb.jpg

All photo credits - Corrode Finger

Had a great day, Thanks to Neil and all the Marshalls,

Did'nt do to bad :blink: , well if Adrian had got his act together and remembered to put it in diff lock :lol: , I had'nt dropped one of my balls on the stage. and Adrian had'nt driven over the same post 4 times, meaning I had to keep getting out to put it back up again :lol:

Missed the other stage completly due to doing 22/23/24 in the valley and taking a while to get all the way back out as is was raining a tad by then, doing it may have helped our score quite a bit....or not ;)

Mind you not having me there would have helped even more ! :hysterical:

Nice to put a few more faces to names as well

had a cracking day yesterday , the rain made things intrusting just on foot trying to rig up :rolleyes:

why did dave & ed get 350 penalty points ?

lots of possable reasons :

Not wearing seat belts ?

not wearing gloves handling the winch line?

returning late ?

Well the weekend was going fine up until half past four on sunday when we realised that one of the marshal teams had sloped off, meaning we all had travel across an increasingly treacherous site to bring in the 6 punches that they felt were too taxing to collect. Cheers guys! :angry::angry::angry: Didn't manage to leave the site til near on half six. We were all not best pleased. Event was fun though! Next time, less rain.

Well, we nearly didn't make it. The auto shift became detached in my hand when loading the car onto the trailer. It was nealry the last straw and I was very close to chucking all of the toys out of the pram. We perserveered though and I'm glad we made the effort.

Another thorougly cracking event (again another well done to Neil, Carole, Simon and the rest of the team) on marred by the weather and mechanical difficulties. The rain made the site progressively more interesting and I was surpised (but not disappointed) that we only had the one roll over this year. The punches that I saw had no sign of people not following the marked out routes so I am hopeful that the people concerned have now decided to play fairly.

Despite our late arrival, problems with the car before we even got scrutineered and problems with fuelling all the way around the site (Paul's got a good picture of how we looked for most of the day) I have to say that I am more than impressed with the end result. Two months off now to get all of the niggly bits sorted (unfortunately SWMBO won't let me come back from honeymoon early to go to West Harptree). We're hopeful that we'll be fighting fit ready for a full day without problems at Cowm Quarry. Looking forward to it already :):)

We had fun but unfortunatly only managed 4 punches, the 24v alternator was not charging and my Air shocks were trying to tip me over on side slopes. We had fun helping out being a mobile ground anchor, trying to save the farmers fields from being plowed!!

Thanks to the Awdc team for another fantastic day.

After spending 2 hours replacing the coil at the start of the event, as we were in the furthest corner from the start that we could possibly be and Kev had to walk there & back!!!, we then smashed the rear diff right at the end of the special stage trying to get the balls back on the board!!! :angry:

Hey ho!! It's all fixed again now and ready for us to break it again at Slindon on Sunday!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Hey ho!! It's all fixed again now and ready for us to break it again at Slindon on Sunday!!! :lol::lol::lol:

My truck will be ready so simon and i will be coming down probably saturday afternoon, got the winch electrics sorted all i need to do fit the front anti roll bar, I was hoping to use one off an mitsi L200 but its not really going to fit too well <_< But just looked under my Discovery and found what im looking for :D

Well the weekend was going fine up until half past four on sunday when we realised that one of the marshal teams had sloped off, meaning we all had travel across an increasingly treacherous site to bring in the 6 punches that they felt were too taxing to collect. Cheers guys! :angry::angry::angry: Didn't manage to leave the site til near on half six. We were all not best pleased. Event was fun though! Next time, less rain.

and somebody went home with your watch :rolleyes: see you at westharptree,are we having a fire there :)

PS when are you going to update your website and post pic's

and somebody went home with your watch :rolleyes: see you at westharptree,are we having a fire there :)

PS when are you going to update your website and post pic's

My website is a bit sickly at the mo but am in the process of sorting out some pics via Photobucket which will be up in the next half hour or so....

Pics...

Bear in mind that most of these were a LOT steeper than it looks.

Alan Kemp on the first of the day, made it look bloody easy....

IMG_5341.jpg

IMG_5337-1.jpg

IMG_5342.jpg

Paul Bass on the same punch, found it a bit tougher without the ground clearance of portals...

IMG_5344.jpg

IMG_5345.jpg

Wes!

IMG_5347.jpg

mmmmm articulation

IMG_5354.jpg

Glyn in the valley

IMG_5361.jpg

'If you get out of the car you'll roll'. John Sales has fun on the sideslopes out of the valley

IMG_5363.jpg

IMG_5364.jpg

IMG_5368.jpg

Some guy

IMG_5374.jpg

going...going...

IMG_5376.jpg

...nearly gone! Ultra reliance on the winch wire.. It was a long way down...

IMG_5379.jpg

Scenic shot

IMG_5325.jpg

Disco fall over

IMG_5380.jpg

:)

Well what a weekend that was :rolleyes: i'll start with a thank you to Neil and his team, A big thank you to Mr brock for standing in for Pigster.................... and you only got out once because of the side slope :rolleyes: tart!!!!!! :lol: the weather turned out nice........not!!!!!!!! :angry::lol:

well the trip down was eventfull as i got 3 :o ......... yes 3 flat's on the trailer!!!!!! had to fix one so i could carry on! on the way home.......... would you bl**dy believe it ...... none!!!! :angry:

The event went well ....... after i'd engaged the diff lock :blush: the motor felt better, no problems with the car all day even if the driver was having a bad day! :hysterical: I don't think Les will be the same after all those hill's ;):lol: we still managed to help some of the other's and have a good fun event.

well the trip down was eventfull as i got 3 :o ......... yes 3 flat's on the trailer!!!!!! had to fix one so i could carry on! on the way home.......... would you bl**dy believe it ...... none!!!! :angry:

Thats Some seriously bad luck! :huh::huh::huh: what was the cause of the puncture's?

Thats Some seriously bad luck! :huh::huh::huh: what was the cause of the puncture's?

The tyre shop said it's old tyre's ...... there only 01's .....but they said 5 year's is about it on trailer tyre's :o<_< still got 4 new one's now! :) plus i'm selling the brian james trailer and buying a iforwilliam's! i need a flat trailer as i've got a mini digger to move now as well!