Team Recovery events anyone??

Anyone know where Team Recovery events are held??

Each year I see them at the ALRC National but so far haven't seen a single club holding such events :(

I've emailed several commitee members listed on the ALRC website to ask if they know of any such events, but in 2 weeks+ I haven't had a single response :angry: fromany of them.

I'm in Bedfordshire but don't mind traverling to compete.

These events have wained and become few and far between over the last few years, AWDC used to do them too.

Now been overtaken by the challenge type events,

Have a look at the pinned post in "Getting out there" Forum, top post Mike Wolfe Challenge, see if you fancy it ?

I haven't seen a team recovery now for a long time ?

Nige

whats one of these then

how are they any different to my suual events where we drive round for the first half hour before getting stuck, and then getting every susbequent recovery vehicle stuck as well?

whats one of these then

how are they any different to my suual events where we I drive round for the first half hour 5 mins before getting stuck, and then getting every susbequent recovery vehicle stuck as well?

These events have wained and become few and far between over the last few years, AWDC used to do them too.

Now been overtaken by the challenge type events,

Have a look at the pinned post in "Getting out there" Forum, top post Mike Wolfe Challenge, see if you fancy it ?

I haven't seen a team recovery now for a long time ?

Nige

Have to say it looks real fun and I'd love to compete, sadly I don't think I'll make it to this years event though, partly because it's the weekend before the ALRC National which I've already paid for and I'd hate not to be able to enter due to having broken the Landie the week before.

Also I don't have a winch (or in fact no anyone who has a winch and would be willing to enter :( ), think I'll have to start saving for a winch.

Lastly, I know the rules say 2 vehicles and 2 people per vehicle (1 driver and 1 navigator). Is it compulsory to have a navigator or could 2 or 3 people enter as a team provided they had 2 vehicles between them?

Thanks for pointing out the event though and it WILL be going on my calender for next year.

Have to say it looks real fun and I'd love to compete, sadly I don't think I'll make it to this years event though, partly because it's the weekend before the ALRC National which I've already paid for and I'd hate not to be able to enter due to having broken the Landie the week before.

Also I don't have a winch (or in fact no anyone who has a winch and would be willing to enter :( ), think I'll have to start saving for a winch.

Lastly, I know the rules say 2 vehicles and 2 people per vehicle (1 driver and 1 navigator). Is it compulsory to have a navigator or could 2 or 3 people enter as a team provided they had 2 vehicles between them?

Thanks for pointing out the event though and it WILL be going on my calender for next year.

You could have just the 1 poor winch b and run him / her ragged if you wnated :lol:

Most need 2 cos they are so lazy and you need 2 to spead the workload.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I am going to pay for that comment :lol:

Nige