Rear View Mirrors

So I tried modifying the fixing plate, the little flap snapped, got a new fixing plate, still wobbled, got a new mirror, still wobbles. There was a bit of card jammed between the two before to limit the wobbles. Is it a design fault? I wouldn't really need a central mirror, only when reversing, even at the low speeds I reverse at, the more vision the better. Is there a better option than card, that solidly jams it?

I've got an idea for a custom description for me though, it would have to do with the number of drill bits that have snapped on me [especially the little ones], or of threads that have stripped on me. [F*ck not another!]. Or does everyone do that?

Mark,

Mine does not wobble.... and it has been on and off a few times. :huh:

Are you sure you are trying to get it together right? (Don't mean to sound condesending but hopefully you know what I mean..)

Maybe there is a different backplate depending on the mirrors you have.

I have an old Rangie on the drive with a mirror and backplate still on it. You are more than welcome to have it all, just let me know your address. (I'm sure postage will be pennies so don't worry about that). ;)

This may sound silly but I added a small blob of Bluetack between the mounting plate and the mirror stalk. Cured the wobbles and I can still remove it . more importantly it would still pass the crash test.

Roger W

P.S it doesnt work on engine mountings :)

no Wills right, maybe not lazy just a different priority of jobs to do first...........................

like suspension, doors (talking of which do you want those other doors still Will, complete againnow, available next week)

the allen bolts need tightening and i need to pad out the inside as they go tight but still wobble and just havent got around to it.

at least they are better than the Wolf ones which have 4 M4 or so screws on the back that you use to tighten them onto the ball joint and they never stay tight. In my exp anyway.

no Wills right, maybe not lazy just a different priority of jobs to do first...........................

like suspension, doors (talking of which do you want those other doors still Will, complete againnow, available next week)

the allen bolts need tightening and i need to pad out the inside as they go tight but still wobble and just havent got around to it.

at least they are better than the Wolf ones which have 4 M4 or so screws on the back that you use to tighten them onto the ball joint and they never stay tight. In my exp anyway.

Actually, I can guage my road speed by the degree of wobble on the exterior mirrors....very useful!!