Steering left/right different ?

Welcome :)

Mine is RHD but I don't think it is normal on any!

The drag link (steering box to hub) is probably in serious need of adjustment (or it is bent from offroad damage etc).

Is the steering wheel in the straight ahead position when you are driving straight ahead?

Have you checked the steering box drop arm?. With the wheels pointing straight ahead, the drop arm should be pointing straight ahead if it is not the drag link will need adjusting.

Is it possible to put the drop arm on in the wrong position??

I guess what I'm asking is is it on splines, or a key-way arrangement and can therefore only go on in one place??

I have the same issue on my RR and am a little worried that there is too much thread showing on the drag link ball joints......

Assuming that a D2 steering is physically similar toa D1.

To locate the error you need to centre the steering box which will have some form of definition, fork and hole or markings.

Once centered the error will be apparent.

BE WARY OF JUST REMOVING STEERING WHEEL AND REFITTING. The D1 has a fragile wiring connection cassette beneath the steering wheel which be easily and expensively damaged.

Orange, my D1 drop arm appears to be polarised at 90 deg positions, an error here would be quite obvious. You should check your setup with the steering box centered.

jw

Is it possible to put the drop arm on in the wrong position??

I guess what I'm asking is is it on splines, or a key-way arrangement and can therefore only go on in one place??

I have the same issue on my RR and am a little worried that there is too much thread showing on the drag link ball joints......

Its not possible to get it on wrong.

Yes it is on splines, but there is a master spline so it will only fit in the correct position.

Claus, thanks for bringing this up. Replaced my steering box today. Checked it was at midpoint and installed.

Now I have to practise what I preach, the steering wheel is miles out when straight ahead. :angry:

So tomorrow, front axle on stands, centralise box and see where the problem is.

Thanks a bunch, :)

jw

Hi guys

Yeah, my steering wheel is straight ahead when driving straight !

I guess the conclusion is that theres something not right and its not normal on all D2's ? Better get on my knees and back then...

Thanks for the input!

Claus