2007 Defender CSW

I have just taken delivery of my 90 County Station Wagon in Silver today. I did plan to post some pics today but ran out of time before it went dark. After driving 50 odd miles today it jst gets better and better. I know most people will think I'm biased but it is bloody brilliant, you wont find many bad things said about it from people that have actually driven it rather than made assumptions.

I'm still getting used to it and it takes some getting used to as it is very smooth and quiet to drive compared to my 97 300. I am particular impressed with the rear seats which is one of the main reasons I wanted a new one, we have to put a baby seat in one of these and my old forward facing seat (fitted by me) were always on my mind as being unsafe. The engine has :) loads of torque and it pulls vey well in all the gears, people have said 1st is too short but I think it's just right especially if your towing heavy loads.

Anyway, tomorrow I'll hopefully get some pics on but I've got a few mods to do as I kept by Exmoor Trim Opus seats from my old Landie and also side steps and steering guard.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Rich :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sounds fantastic!

I'm particularly intersted in the new seats. Our baby is going to have to travel in the front of our current 90 CSW and I don't like the look of the after market rear seats (which seem to take up all the luggage space).

I was toying with swapping to an 07 or having to go for a 110 so I'd be particularly interested in your experiences with the new layout.

Congrats - can't wait to see the pics.

Pictures as promised:

1. The reason I replaced the seats was just because the opus seats I had in my old 300TDi were only 6 months old and are far better than any standard seats for long journeys (I do an 80 mile commute a day). The dealer let me keep the seats and I put some original one's back in when I part exhanged it.

2. The rear seats are really good quality and are just right for a baby seat as it has side bolsters that hold it in place.

S6000240.jpg

S6000241.jpg

S6000238.jpg

S6000244.jpg

S6000253.jpg

S6000252.jpg

S6000251.jpg

S6000245.jpg

S6000246.jpg

S6000247.jpg

S6000243.jpg

S6000242.jpg

S6000239.jpg

S6000248.jpg

S6000249.jpg

S6000250.jpg

Guest diesel_jim

Nice to have a new truck... i take delivery of my new shogun next week! 3.2 diesel thought!! :D

i wonder on that 2.4... is it a cup holder on the rocker cover? :unsure:

Pictures as promised:

1. The reason I replaced the seats was just because the opus seats I had in my old 300TDi were only 6 months old and are far better than any standard seats for long journeys (I do an 80 mile commute a day). The dealer let me keep the seats and I put some original one's back in when I part exhanged it.

Where did you get those seats from as im in the market for some new ones and the look good

Rob

Nice to have a new truck... i take delivery of my new shogun next week! 3.2 diesel thought!! :D

i wonder on that 2.4... is it a cup holder on the rocker cover? :unsure:

The engine cup holder is for where the air con option would go if you want to spend on another 3k for the XS model instead of the X like mine.

Well I think it looks fantastic, gear stick "Suzuki design theme"? and all! I would have one in a snap (if I could afford one) enjoy! And if you are looking for a seller in about 10 years time give me a call! :rolleyes:

The engine cup holder is for where the air con option would go if you want to spend on another 3k for the XS model instead of the X like mine.

The XS has the engine cup holder too! I reckon its for taking home baked samples of the mud that you've visited!

Well done Rich...

Some are gonna love it and some hate it...

Personally I think it looks great and I hope you have loads of fun in that car.... Looks like a great investment from here....

Do Land Rovers manage to make cars with that "New Car" smell too ??

Neil

Hey jim, I hope you don't see the shogun as an alternative to a 90 mate.

In fact I don't think there is an alternative to a 90, unless it's a disco of course :D

Mr Woo, I just love your motor, 3k less for non air con hmmmmm whats the heater like please?

The only thing I am unsure of is the rear seats, any chance of a photo wih them packed away please? Is there room for tools and stuff?

When are you planning on posting some off roading pictures? :D

Looks like somebody from Suzuki managed to get into the design team.

Log

Hopefully on the engineering side, then it won't break :D

Nice vehicle, I don't know if I am jealous or not, will have to wait a couple of years before I know whether I wish I had waited or whether I am glad I got a 300Tdi while I could :)