2007 Defender CSW

Guest diesel_jim
Hey jim, I hope you don't see the shogun as an alternative to a 90 mate.

No, i've still got my 90. it's replacing my (company car) 110 Td5 SW; at least it'll be quicker,quieter and comfier! :rolleyes:

Congrats on the new toy :D, Not to keen on the seat base side bolsters on the front seats, seems like they'll get flattened after a while, only bit of the dash I don't like is the frog eye vents, can't see the point with the 2 other vents there as well.

All depends on your use,,

If its used everyday for a commute to work, motorways etc, the disco is much more refined,, with the defender not in the same league ??

But the defender/90/110 have a character, the Disco could never obtain, Plus the defender should , on past experience hold the valve so much better !!

However, if a job of work ?

I need a "barge" as Mo describes them.. which can seat 4/5, space for heavy tools spares etc in the rear. a large roof rack for wheels /tyres, and a large awning etc, and tow a trailer, of everything out there, there is nothing i can find to do the job better than a 110 Defender

Thanks for the reply Tim,

That's my dilema you see. I love the D3 and I love the new defender, as owned by Mr Woo.

I need to choose a vehicle that will do a combination of comfortable daily driver, small enough for the wife (peugeot 206cc) to be confident in driving, big enough for the run to the tip(now a weekly chore for me it would seem) and off road toy for both me and the wife.

The new 90 would have been the answer but those rear seats.

The new 90 would have been the answer but those rear seats.

?? Do you need the rear seat in ???,,

I have gone with the 7 seat option, but do not need, so their removal is the first job !!

Have had a 110 Tombraider as well as a 110 double cab XS,

Needed the 110 CSW for the improved rear load area security, as well as interior length for sails etc, and a drop tailgate is a pain when the dog get loaded :o

Popped along to M.J.Fews this afternoon with the mem.

Had hoped to have at least a :rolleyes:bloody good crawl all over like a ferret up yer trouser leg :rolleyes: look at the new 2007 if nothing else.

Unfortunatelt they were both shut and devoid of any new defenders!!

I reckon the staff must have driven the demo's home :(

I'll be buying a spit shogun spit to off road at this rate :lol:

The new defender is well worth the wait ( I know your think, well he would said that) but I would have waited 6 months if I had to. I D3 was never an option for me as long distances in a primitive 300 was never a problem to the new 07 defender it's like a land of luxury for me (electric windows I'm still looking for the winder)

I'm sort of neutral over it,

I know that things need and have to eveolve, you can't freeze any car or 4x4 "In Time" - it does need to change and evolve, this latest one dies look more civilized, better trimmed and hopefully relaible ?

I have heard that the engine is a Ford Tranny lump, strong and quick, but not a great tow-er ?. It does ssem more "Car Like" trim wise - maybe thats a good thing for buyers as the old 90 was a tad "Faaarmer Jons" 4x4 ?...but shoving this deep in goo seems a non starter ?......

I guess I'm comparing it to earlier 90s, and that not right, it needs to stack against the competiton, and on that front it does seem they have done a lot to it

All in all I am sort of "Neutral" :huh: but wondering where it goes from here.

I do know that late 200 and 300 TDis are more sought after than ever before, lets hope this is better than the Td5 engined 90 :rolleyes:

Anyway Rich, I hope it is everything you hope it is - keep us informed and update us all on your progress with it.

STILL Far better looking than a "Postman Pat" LR3 on ANYDAY :lol:

Nige

Decisions, decsions.

2007 defender or a D3 ?

How does one decide?

I had been thinking about a D3 for the everyday car now that I don't need the economy of the Audi that the P38 got chopped in for last year (work commute is now train).

But I'd used my prev TD5 110 for a daily commute and found it more 'fun' than the P38 as an everyday car and find a Defender fine for 'car' use, but that may just be me.

After a bit of thought I knew I wanted another 110 and so the decision was made.

Congrats, and nice truck, good on you for looking into the safety around the car seat fitting. We must look after our little one's. As my South African friends say here "Lakka" :)

I have a dbl cab with an old bench seat in it that is carp. Trying to find a newer style so my son will be safer and mor comfortable in the back, also need to fit shoulder straps, especially when we're offroading!

Congratulations Rich,, have you tested the limiter yet :o

Roll on June 110XS :D

Does the limiter actualy work , I took one down the M50 on friday , The chap from Land Rover said its limited to 82mph , I got it up to 82 and it stayed there for a bit but I kept the boot down and it crept up to 95 , Which is pretty impresive I thought .

Nice Colour BTW and the seats are a definate improvement, Nice one ;)

Does the limiter actualy work , I took one down the M50 on friday , The chap from Land Rover said its limited to 82mph , I got it up to 82 and it stayed there for a bit but I kept the boot down and it crept up to 95 , Which is pretty impresive I thought .

Nice Colour BTW and the seats are a definate improvement, Nice one ;)

Thanks Jase,, thats nice to know,, not that i need in excess of 82 mph :ph34r:

As you dont have a/c model, does it still have the opening vent flaps??

None of the new 2007 model 90/110's has the opening vent flaps, the new dash design/moulding won't allow the heater unit & vent flap mechanism to occupy the same areas.

new heater is now in the cab not in the engine bay like previous 90/110's.

Hi folks, not been on for a couple of weeks as I have just come back from a trip to France in the new Defender. A round trip of exactly 999miles proved no problem whatsoever. It is an absolute pleasure to drive on the motorway and as I was towing 3/4 tonne camping trailer + running in I kept it to a steady 60mph just ticking over at around 1900rpm. There has been no faults whatsoever with the vehicle which can sometimes crop up with a new car straight out of the factory.

I will keep everyone posted on how I get on with it and I plan to change the oil at 6k rather than waiting for the newly recommended 12k interval (no oil lasts that long without deteriorating)

Any updates from anyone else who's order one? When do you get it? Have you already got it?

Need to get some threads going on Manuals etc, I've already decided to start with using Fuch's Semi synthetic 0W30 engine oil which meets Fords (sorry Land Rovers) exact requirements. Can purchase from www.opieoils.co.uk and no I dont work for them..

Cheers Rich