2007 Defender CSW

It'll be interesting to have a running report regarding what it is good at/not good at and any problems there are, just to see what it is like.

Looks like the first ones won't be here before Sept at the earliest now :angry:

Hi Rich,, after the supply problems with XS models,, was told Saturday, that mine is due into the dealer sometime mid/late this week, so with luck, may see a 110 XS in Cairns early part of next ??

Anyone wanting a 90CSW in grey or a 90C in Blue, ring Guy Salmon Land rover stockport they are both on display on their forecourt...I'm sure they will sell them despite them being display models if you want one. The grey one looks fantastic... I didn't see any 110's sorry.

PS ask for Arron and mention Richard to them, he's a real down to earth top bloke and wont give you any sales cr8p...

Guest dew110CSW

Got to sit in one myself the other day - Not driven it (yet!) but the neighbours son-in-law is sales manager for Kentdale in Kendal and has an 07 90 Hard top in the dark green. They look pretty sweet, The dash looks a lot better in the flesh than in the pictures. Still think the bonnet hump looks ghey though.

He said it's a fantastic machine to drive, 6 spd box is brilliant and engine is very powerful. Also said nothing about any issues other than the Anti-stall can snap driveshafts for fun apparently. Looked nice even if it missed Air-Con (was a £25 000 County according to him) it did have a CD Player. The seats felt nice, space inside looked good and generally I was very impressed.

Would still lean towards a Chipped TD5 110 Myself though.

I've already decided to start with using Fuch's Semi synthetic 0W30 engine oil which meets Fords (sorry Land Rovers) exact requirements. Can purchase from www.opieoils.co.uk and no I dont work for them..

Cheers Rich

Opie oils are one of the local suppliers here in Cornwall, just looking at their website, seems they do a bit more than just supply oils/heating fuel.

Edited by western

Oooh shiney :D Looks like they pulled out the stops for you John.

Yep, can't fault them - PDI'd free mats fitted, body protection completed, tank of diesel and they only charged me the pre-budget price for the road fund - which was nice as I'd expected to pay £300.

Defender badge is on the back these days

the 2006 model ones didn't have anything except the green oval on the back :angry:

However I have two Tdi badges for the wings and a Defender 110 badge for the back to rectify the oversight, the only problem being keeping it clean for long enough to stick the badges on as I have to drive off the end of the road to get home these days and the track is getting a bit boggy :D

Not sure whether I am going to get a set of County stripes for it or not, I used to like them but I think they are starting to look a bit 90s :rolleyes:

When you have a spare moment can you take a pic of the 2nd row seats please.

Thanks

Steve

Will do, there is one pic of the folded third row in a thread in the 'your vehicle' forum. I'll take one of the second row for you.