2007 Defender CSW

I got the blurb too but it's a bit vague about what the paintwork protection they offer actually is. If it's sprayed on does that mean they take a new vehicle into the bodyshop for a full mask up prior to application or is it more likely to be a hand applied process? I think the interior protection they use is something akin to 3m Scotchguard.

Yep, I'd agree about the interior treatment. The exterior has to be done when its new and pre PDI, the dealer took a day to do mine.

Done a bit of googling research about this treatment and John is right that it has to be done before the vehicle is waxed otherwise it needs be removed prior to treatment. Supagard ( Diamond Brite is somewhat similar ) is a hand applied paint sealer which dries to a haze and then buffed. To protect the treatment they recommend that you then only use approved shampoo's etc. Depending on the size of the vehicle material cost appears to be around the fifty quid mark.

Yep, they do give a small bottle of the recommended shampoo with it - I complained that the saleswoman had shown me a proper 'Badlands' cleaning kit when doing the sales pitch so she relented and found me one. :D

post-145-1184336179_thumb.jpg

post-145-1184336195_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...