Removing oil stands from contrete

Gromit

SWMBO, in this case my granny, has been looking at the concrete area where I pulled the head off the Yellow Van last year.

Seems there are some oil stains on the concrete, and she wants shot of them.

I don't imagine this will easy to remove, but what do you use/recommend?

I got some GUNK from Halfords, sloshed it on, paddled it about with a stiff brush and then hosed it off. It did a not too bad job, and I suspect running a pressure hose over it rather than an ordinary garden hose might produce a better result.

HTH

Malcy

I think if it's been there a while it tends to soak in. I have a large black oil patch on my concrete drive, and I've tried just about everything to remove it, even a steam cleaner, but it's still there - faint, but still noticeable.

Les.

Any detergent, washing up liquid. apply neat and brush it in........leave it soak a while (don't let anyone walk throught it :rolleyes: )......then hose or jet wash off......If you don't shift it all in one go....have another go next week....you'll win in the end.

In future use a drip try for the sump.

Good Luck,

Nigel

isn't that one of the many uses for WD40?

also, there's a rumor that police in US uses coke (the drinkable one, not the sniffable kind) to clean blood off the pavement. don't know how much that's true and if it will also work with oil. maybe the stain needs to be fresh, to work <_<

Guest diesel_jim
isn't that one of the many uses for WD40?

also, there's a rumor that police in US uses coke (the drinkable one, not the sniffable kind) to clean blood off the pavement. don't know how much that's true and if it will also work with oil. maybe the stain needs to be fresh, to work <_<

a lot of the more unsavoury pubs i do jobs in, they often clean the tops of the cisterns with WD40, as it stops people sorting out their "coke" (they use the toilet-ware because of the enammeled finish of the lids), apparently WD40 makes the drugs go funny?