The Green Rover Project

I have posted a copy of a message I received via Facebook (a networking site that started between universities), where I run a Land Rover appreciation group.

The Green Rover Project sounds quite cool from a technical, environmental and artistic point of view!

***as follows***

Sorry for the intrusion, I'm the multimedia coordinator for a small group of Land Rover enthusiasts planning a cross-country trip in the U.S.

We are the Green Rover Project, and our group is linked below:

http://syr.facebook.com/group.php?gid=2267100144

Converting a 1960s Land Rover to run on waste vegetable oil, this group of five will cross the continental United States this summer on a six-week expedition. The Green Rover Project will investigate contemporary American identity and landscape through a documentary video, and a publication of sketches, photographs and writings. Trained as architects, as observers who are dedicated to understanding the built and natural environment, our group will examine the current effect of the automobile on the American landscape, while simultaneously educating the public about the potentials of alternative fuels.

More information about the trip can be found at http://www.greenroverproject.com or by emailing poweredbywvo@gmail.com

Mark

I really have nothing really useful to contribute except that it was suggested on a previous thread that Lucas CAV injection pumps as used on early Landeys shear their driveshaft when running on cold veggie oil.

I was wondering if they have lined up a reliable supply of waste vegie oil throughout the various states they'll be travelling through ? Or are they all planning on eating home cooked fish and chips for 3 meals every day ?

Bill.