Disco II - switch wiring and spot on genuine A-Bar

expat69

Hello,

Got a Disco II G4 LE...

want to put spot light on the A-Bar.. I pulled the blanking switches on the left hand side of the steering wheel (got 2 blanks under the front/rear defrost switches) ...

the bottom blank switch is connected to something ???

any idea ???

also.. what spot light may I fit on a genuine A-Bar (the soft one) ?

thanks

Hello,

Got a Disco II G4 LE...

want to put spot light on the A-Bar.. I pulled the blanking switches on the left hand side of the steering wheel (got 2 blanks under the front/rear defrost switches) ...

the bottom blank switch is connected to something ???

any idea ???

also.. what spot light may I fit on a genuine A-Bar (the soft one) ?

thanks

Hi,

I've fitted spots to my G4 LE, no problem. If I remember correctly the blank just has a plug "stowed" on the back of it.

I bought the genuine spotlight kit and wiring loom (which is quite involved to fit as it alters the wiring in the engine bay fuse box and you have to remove the drivers headlight to get the wiring through to behind the grille) and fitted it in about two hours. Part number is STC 53196 if I remember correctly, these are the ones with the horizontal protection grilles as fitted to G4 roofracks/winch bumpers

The only bit which is a bit of a "challenge" is re-configuring the wiring in the instrument binnacle to allow the spots and switch illumination to work correctly with Main Beam. I've had them fitted for 18months now and wouldn't be without them.

Can supply pictures if needed.

Regards

Scrumps

Hi,

I've fitted spots to my G4 LE, no problem. If I remember correctly the blank just has a plug "stowed" on the back of it.

I bought the genuine spotlight kit and wiring loom (which is quite involved to fit as it alters the wiring in the engine bay fuse box and you have to remove the drivers headlight to get the wiring through to behind the grille) and fitted it in about two hours. Part number is STC 53196 if I remember correctly, these are the ones with the horizontal protection grilles as fitted to G4 roofracks/winch bumpers

The only bit which is a bit of a "challenge" is re-configuring the wiring in the instrument binnacle to allow the spots and switch illumination to work correctly with Main Beam. I've had them fitted for 18months now and wouldn't be without them.

Can supply pictures if needed.

Regards

Scrumps

that the one !!!

did you have to buy a mounting kit to fit on the A-Bar, or was it alreadt par of the kit ?

many thanks

Xavier

that the one !!!

did you have to buy a mounting kit to fit on the A-Bar, or was it alreadt par of the kit ?

many thanks

Xavier

Hi,

You don't need to buy ANYTHING apart from the kit. Fitting the lights to the A-bar is just a matter of removing the four small plastic plugs from the tapped holes in the underside of the top of the A-bar and screwing in the spots with the supplied screws, aligning the lights and tightening up the clamp screw. All is explained in the instructions.

If you go here:-

http://www.ownerinfo.landrover.com/extfree...rprod/index.jsp

and download the fitting instructions for the relevant kit, you can suss out the job before parting with your readies.

Any more info needed,, drop me a line.

Regards

Scrumps

P.S. Can you PM me your VIN number and Reg. as I'm trying to log all the "retail" G4's I can find. I've managed to log about 40 so far.

• 2 months later...
Hi,

P.S. Can you PM me your VIN number and Reg. as I'm trying to log all the "retail" G4's I can find. I've managed to log about 40 so far.

Off Topic but,

How does one go about finding one of these retail G4's around the NS/SG/Wilts area please scrumps?

Off Topic but,

How does one go about finding one of these retail G4's around the NS/SG/Wilts area please scrumps?

Pot luck I'm afraid matey.

Try the Land Rover company website and look under "used vehicles" ...the only one showing today is a Zambesi Silver in Bedford.

Regards

Scrumps