Something That Don't Work?

minivin

"Go to first unread post "

well, it don't, it puts me back at the home page <_< as you can't see what is new while reading I hoped it was going to be a useful way of starting to read where I left off.

Any ideas why it don't work?

It's weird, the "Go to first unread post" feature works on my pc at home but doesn't work here at work either.

Maybe it's something to do with cookies and the way our company network is set up?

Hmmmm.... Only seems to appear some of the time for me, but it works when it does. On Threds that go over multiple pages, it is there, but on threads that display on a single page it is not.

I have to admit it is the one thing that has slightly bugged me about the new forum. I liked the way the old one took you straight to the new posts on a thread. Nb. Not a complaint, just an observation! :)

Cheers

Mark

Since Rob posted this I've been using the 'Goto last unread' icon:

newpost.gif that prefixes thread titles with new replies

and find it very usefull.

Whether the thread fits a page or spans several pages it works fine.

Only used it from the laptop so far but on several networks.

It's weird, the "Go to first unread post" feature works on my pc at home but doesn't work here at work either.

Maybe it's something to do with cookies and the way our company network is set up?

wouldn't be the first time Q^2 have got an IT problem :lol: <wispers> don't mention the census website </>

First unread seems to be a bit eccentric - several people have reported that it doesn't work, but unfortunately it works fine for me from everywhere, which makes it kind of difficult to troubleshoot.

Can you post details of the browsers and OS you're using - especially if you've got it working on one machine and not another (post both). Might give me a chance of replicating the problem.

That does the same as View New Posts though - it doesn't take account of whether you've read them or not.

As an added bonus, whether there are unread posts in a thread or forum is indicated only by graphics, so they tend to get cached and not changed - text would be much better.